Where? Cummington Community House
Thanks to Governor Baker and Whip City Fiber!
This WiFi hotspot will provide our community with a temporary 250 megabit per second wireless hotspot, allowing increased broadband access for residents, families and students impacted by COVID-19.
Citizens who use these hotspots must continue to follow social distancing protocols.
What are the Rules?
Public Safety is #1 Concern
The wifi network is called Cummington Open Wifi (not Guest) no password is required
Hours of Operations: 8am – 8pm Daily
Accessibility: Those wishing to utilize public WiFi will
- Utilize one of three parallel spots along Main St in front of Community House
- Enter the side driveway of the Community House
Park in one of the designated parking spots along the east side of the building (Normally reserved handicap parking spaces) - Spaces will be conspicuously marked with paint
- Users must remain within vehicles at all times to promote separation and social distancing in accordance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health Guidelines
- Users should limit time to 1 Hour of usage (If others are waiting )
- “Walk Ups” will not be permitted
- In the event spaces become full, those wishing to wait, should
- Enter church parking lot via the easternmost entrance
- Proceed behind church building and form line
- Remain in vehicle until space becomes available at Community House.
Police Department will monitor area to ensure safety, security and address any related issues