May 8, 2017
A Principal's Perspective
This message provides lots of information and captures a great week! Please take the time to read through the notes, upcoming information and enjoy the pictures. Retirement pictures, mud day and other activities this week can be found in Teacher Scratch Files - 2016-2017 Yearbook. Look in the Events folder. If you have pictures from any activities, please share them in the folder as well. I would ask you to be selective in posting pictures from the retirement reception. :) Just keeping it real! Thank you to Kristy Sullivan and the Social Committee for your great work in hosting a wonderful reception to honor Sharon, Kathe and Betty and their service to students! Also a big shout out of thanks to Kathryn for her organization and preparation for a successful STAAR testing week. Speaking of STAAR, what a great example from our 3rd & 4th grade levels and specialists that prove that you can have fun while prepping for STAAR! Kudos to the kindergarten team for diving in the mud and playing with the students! The students had a blast! Finally, a heartfelt thank you to our GP staff for the job that you do! Teacher appreciation week is a small token of the gratitude that I have for each of you for the passion, fun, excitement for learning that you instill in your classrooms, grade level teams and our school! Thank you!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): 1st Split
Gym (7:20): Littlefield
Cafeteria (7:20): Lewis
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Paine
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): Kieschnick
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): Kinder Split & 2nd Split
Counselor Schedule: Classroom Support
Week at a Glance
Monday: 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR - Math
Tuesday: 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR - Reading; Campus Council - Bring grade level calendar activities for next year
Wednesday: GT 4th Grade Store; May hats in building & 4th grade sit anywhere in cafeteria; Lunch Lounge Wednesday- Eat in Lounge? Wear jeans & GP shirt; Specialists & Tech/Parr Office Hours 3:15-4:15
Thursday: GT 4th Grade Store; New kindergarten parent tour @ 7:30 am; SIT #5 (Simmons, Hughes, S. Rhine & Makeups)
Friday: 3rd & 4th Chess Tournament; Kinder Donuts with Dad @ 7:40 am; Kinder Mom Makeover at 1:30 pm; College Station Aquatics in CAMP
News & Notes
- Faculty Family Party: Friday, May 19th
- Graduates: If you have sons/daughters graduating this year from high school and/or college, please let Donna know.
- Staffing Notes: The interview team is finishing up interview this next week. It is my goal to share staffing updates when they are confirmed. I want to keep the staff in the loop. So for accurate information regarding staffing look for e-mail updates and information in the Mustang Message. I would like to provide e-mails of our new staff members so teams and staff members can send out a welcome.
Callie Craigen - ELA calliepcraigen@gmailcom
Jackie Wolf - Math/Science/Social Studies - Jackie is a current parent. She currently is a science instructional coach in Bryan. email@example.com
First Grade: Kristen Kieschnick - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Fair Updates: Total sales: $15,559.39 Cash profit: $3,593.39
- All for Books Donations from Book Fair: $622.89, which allowed us to purchase 48 new books for the library. I am very excited about our results with this program this spring. Not only did we get to buy new books, it is great to know that Scholastic matches that amount in donations to kids in need.
*Please note: these figures could change a bit, depending on whether or not we receive any sales through the Online Book Fair, which runs until this Friday. All profits from online sales will be given in Scholastic Dollars. (I can see about five orders so far.)
- In case you want to compare to the fall:
Total sales: $15,345.60
All for Books: $130
- CSISD Star Educator: The form to nominate an educator is now open on the CSISD Education Foundation's website. There is a $10 minimum donation to the CSISD Education Foundation. The deadline is Thursday, May 18th. Link: http://givetokids.csisd.org/apps/pages/StarEducator)
PTO Supports Staff & Students at GP!
Our PTO is awesome! They are a great example of what a parent/teacher partnership can do for kids. Take a look at the financial support they have provided this year to help us implement innovative ideas, providing supplies/resources and funding experiences for our students. Truly amazing!
· $500 GT Business
· $300 Apps for virtual reality viewers & Campus Apps
· $4,246 22 Ipods for reality viewers
· $100 Gift cards for meetings
· $500 Outside bench for buses
· $3,340 Dinosaur Museum & Two Assemblies
· $1,000 Alternative Seating
· $3,740 10 Ipads for Osmos & Stations – depends on 1st & 2nd RR Ipads
· $350 IPad cases
· $1, 300.00 x 125 $8.50 per kinder child for Handwriting w/o Tears Books
· $2,000 Ipadpalooza Conference
· $1,000 Additional outside seating
· $500 Chrissy’s Closet
· $100 Education Foundation 50 Men Who Can Cook
· 1,183.50 Headphones for Pods
· $3,700 Snow Day
Approved Proposed Projects:
-Math Lab Manipulatives
-Field Trips 4th Bus for 4th Grade Austin Trip for next year
-Shed for Trikes
-Ipad Minis for Robots (20)
-Golden Shoe Shirts for PE
$300 Additional funds for buses K-3 for next year
-Fans for lounge
Total for Year: $43,859.50!!!!!
Highlights of a Great Week!
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Congratulations to Nurse Lyons who was accepted at UT San Antonio in the Master's Nursing Program! By the way, it is online - no worries!