Hillside News Brief
December 4, 2020
Dates for You
December 18 - Final day of school before Winter Break
Dec 18 - Jan 4 - Winter Break for Students
Jan 4 - Work Day for Teachers
Jan. 5 - First day back from Winter Break for students
Updated District Calendar
Tiger Ticket Winners for 12-4-20
Westside staff, families and students,
Beginning Wednesday, 12/02, the first week Westside Community Schools transitions back to “Yellow” status, Westside Nutrition Services will continue to offer take home meals for students for days that they are not in-class learning. This is for both those students attending in “Yellow” as well as all Extended campus learners. All meals are free for the entire school year.
- K-8 learners can pick up meals on Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the following locations. For All K-8 Learners.
- Oakdale Elementary School; 9801 West Center Road
- Swanson Elementary School; 410 South 86th Street
- Westgate Elementary School; 7802 Hascall Street
- Westbrook Elementary School; 1312 Robertson Drive
- Additionally, Westside Nutritional Services will be offering extended hours for pick up, Wednesdays from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM for..
- All K-8 Learners can pick up free meals each Wednesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside Middle School
- Grades 9-12 Learners can pick up free meals each Wednesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside High School
All students/parents/households picking up meals will receive breakfast and lunch for either three days, for those students attending in-class learning during the “Yellow” status, or five days, if your student is attending Extended Campus At Home learning. Please come to the front entrance of the schools listed to be directed to the where meal pickup is located.
Now, through the rest of the school year, all Westside current K-12 students will receive breakfast and lunch meals for FREE. All students, K-12, qualify. Meals included are all student meals served in Westside Community Schools as well as those meals taken home for extended campus learning. (Any extra servings, bottled water, or grab and go items above and beyond a complete breakfast and lunch will be charged accordingly.) We are hopeful this will help our students and families as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Please remember picking up school meals supports the Westside nutrition program. More meals = more funding = helping feed more students!
We strongly encourage you, if you have not already, to fill out our Free/Reduced Meals Application. This could benefit your family when this extension ends. CLICK HERE to review.
Thank you, and have a great week!
Westside Community Schools