Merryhill School News
October 5, 2018
Fall Fundraiser - Just One Week To Go!
Our fundraiser has just one week left to go! All order forms and payments must be submitted by Monday, October 15th.
There are so many great things to purchase from cookie dough, cakes, popcorn, and many more fun treats! You can also order many additional products from the online store.
If you need any additional order forms or materials, please let us know. We have extras in each office. Please make sure that your child is bringing back their tickets daily with items sold to be included in the fun kangaroos and daily drawings for great prizes! They are also earning other great prizes for the number of items sold, including Jungle Patrol and the money machine just to name a few!!
Our biggest selling class (by percentage) - one preschool and one elementary - will win a pizza and cookie party for the entire class! The two biggest sellers will additionally choose from one of three prizes:
- $100 of school uniform / spirit apparel
- Free Friday catered lunch program for November and December plus free registration for November Parent's Night Out
- 2 free months of afterschool club - including woodworking, DIY, basketball, volleyball, STEAM, or drama.
Happy selling and thank you for your support of our school!
Elementary Parent Conferences
Fall Festival - Saturday, October 27th
Enjoy carnival style games, cake walk, visit from the Fire Department, face painting, snacks, and much more! This is a completely free event for all families. We appreciate any donations of candy, small prizes, cakes/baked goods for cake walk, and any donations for our raffle table. Raffle tickets will be sold for $2/ticket. You can also sign up to work a game if you are interested.
We hope that everyone plans to attend this fun day, and we appreciate your support with your donations!
Family Movie Night - Friday, October 5th
Outdoor Science Education Trip - 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades
The technological world that we live in offers so many wonderful resources and opportunities for our children; however, it also presents potential risks and dangers. We are continually working to educate our children; attached is some additional support for your communication with your children.
- October 5th: Family Movie Night - 7:00 p.m.
- October 5th-12th: Elementary Parent Conferences
- October 8th: Holiday - no instructional classes
- October 11th: Health screenings make-up
- October 12th: Character Counts - Trustworthiness - wear your blue
- October 17th: 3rd grade enrichment trip to Perot Museum
- October 18th: Chuck E. Cheese Spirit Night - 3:00-9:00 p.m.
- October 19th: College Day - support your favorite college
- October 22nd-26th: Red Ribbon Week
- October 26th: Fantastic Friday
- October 26th: Spirit Day
- October 26th: 4th, 5th, and 6th grade enrichment trip to Wings Over Dallas
- October 27th: Fall Festival 9:00-1:00