Staff and Partner Bulletin April 7, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community .
Monday, April 4, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
7:00 East End Community Meeting LeBlond
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 (B Day)
8:30-9:25 - Hunter in the Orange Pod Second Floor
2:00 Reading with the Principal
After School 2nd and 3rd Cooking Club
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 (A Day)
7:45- ILT Makeup Meeting- Library
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
Data Meetings as planned
4:00 Myers out of the building Meeting
After School K-1st Cooking Club -4th-8th Goal Getter Character Club
Thursday, April 7, 2016 (A DAY)
8:15 Special Ed Meeting
9:00- State Visit for 21st Century Grant- all Elementary and Primary teachers need to be in the cafeteria at 9:00.
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
4:00 Lead Teacher Meeting
After School -4th-8th Cooking Club-2nd-3rd Civic Garden Club -Whiz Kids Tutoring
Friday, March 25, 2016 (B Day)
12:00 Myers and Dearwester out of Building
Movie Night: Goosebumps
Looking Ahead At REA
Week of April 11th
Monday: Optioning Continues
Tuesday: 7:55 Staff Meeting
Tuesday: 2:00 Reading with the Principal- Grade 1
Tuesday: 5:30- Leadership Scholars
Wednesday: 7:45 ILT
Wednesday: Data Meetings
Wednesday: Admin Meeting 4:00
Thursday: Myers and Dohme out of building Advanced Ed conference
Thursday: Evan's Story 6:00
Friday: 2:00 Myers out of building
Friday: Team Meetings
AP Blended Learning - PERTAINS TO ALL DUE TO CHANGE IN LUNCH SCHEDULE
- We will call students by grade level to attend the assembly. This will start at approximately 12:15.
- All students in K-6 need to clear the lunchroom by 12:05. That means that if we need to move students to the cafeteria earlier, please do so. It is a B day,.
- The assembly is likely to last until about 12:45 or so. We are holding seventh and eighth grade lunch and HS Bell 5 class until 1:00. Students in the assembly will report back to advisory. Students in Art and PE for advisory will need to NOT report back to advisory. They need to report to the Orange Pod first floor and teachers need to take those students in until 1:00.
- ALL STUDENTS WILL BE HELD IN ADVISORY UNTIL 1:00.
- Why are we holding students in advisory? Because we need to set up the lunch room. Why can students not stay in Art and PE? Because those teachers teach lower level students.
- We will be meeting with the students about the choices of AP for next year. Please note, all students should be accompanied by their advisor. All advisors should stay with their students for the entire time.
- High School lunch will be at the same time.
- The orange and green pods will be locked down during testing. Each pod will have desks and students in the center of the pod for testing.
- The blue pod on the first floor will be used for testing and locked down.
- Everyone is testing. We will go through with everyone to deal with some challenges, but this is all hands on deck time.
Thank you for all that you do to help us to be successful.
Preparing for testing and computers NEW NEW- Please read
- ON MONDAY- We are going to test the network AGAIN. We will do this at 1:52. Every student in Grades 3-11 needs to log into a computer and DO NOT GO TO THE WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- PLEASE HAVE THE STUDENT DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION ON THEIR COMPUTER.
- Here are some things we learned:
- Students cannot log in with Student Student
- Very few students were kicked out. Some were. Not sure what the issue is.
- Students should have their own computers.
- Please have students complete 10 practice questions.
- Please also log into the site yourself to see the teacher part.
- We will be around again to check in with you about problems.
- We are planning an assembly with the students on April 12th. Please note, more information will follow.
Please get your orders in ASAP. Cut off is soon.
Operation Hawk and Passes
Links to Staff Meeting information
Advisory Update NEW NEW
THIS IS THE LINK. Students also got a copy of it in email.
All students 7-12 should take the survey. The survey counter will determine which students have taken the survey. Please be sure to review this with your students.
We are working on how to get the elementary students to take the survey. Thank you for getting this done.
Thursday, April 14th, 6pm
3555 Kellogg Avenue
Please see the attached link to the flyer being sent home.
Please help with uniform enforcement, and the small things to help us avoid the big things :)
Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Mayerson Classes from the PD Committee:
Co-teaching Roundtable: Interested in learning about co-teaching. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
4/13/16: Data Collection
5/11/16: Becoming a Co-Teaching Model in Your Building