FEBRUARY 2016 CIS NEWSLETTER
FEBRUARY IS NATIONAL DENTAL HEALTH MONTH
Dental Care Basics
Brushing for oral health
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Use proper equipment
- Practice good technique when brushing your teeth
- Keep equipment clean
- Replace your old toothbrush with a new toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles become frayed.
- Use enough floss. Don't skimp
- Be gentle
- Take it one tooth at a time
- Keep it up
When to see the dentist
Schedule a dental appointment for routine cleanings and exams to prevent gum disease and other oral health problems. Early detection and treatment of problems with your gums, teeth and mouth can help ensure a lifetime of good oral health.
Communities in Schools
The mission of CIS of Texas is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.