Raymore Update 09/22/2015
Where We Celebrate All Especially the Small!
9/23/15 Tornado Drill at 9:15 (Time Change)
9/23/15 No Faculty Meeting
9/25/15 Family Support Fund Due $25.00
9/29/15 Sonic Night
10/3/15 Isaiah's Walk
10/28/15 Be Proactive Assembly
- If you have a Conscience Discipline Book and would still like to join the book study please sign up on the link
To Do List : Recheck your smore often for updates
- Have you signed up for the Restaurant Nights?
- All field trip applications due to Renee no later than September 18, 2015.
- Have specific questions for triage for your students.
- Enter students into and out of Protabula. We really need this data.
- Please have class meetings about hallway, bathroom, arrival, and dismissal.
Hats of to Konnie for painting over the brick wall in the cottage! Woohoo! Sam
Hats of to Brianna for showing us all the cool things Pearson can do. Samantha
Hats of to Valerie Collom. You are always here to support us. You always have time. Denise
And many, many more
- The new "Hats Off" bulletin board that will be in the lounge soon.
- Raymore Elementary Family
- No Faculty Meeting on Wednesday September 23rd.
- Kindergarten filling in during teacher interviews during the MO PLC Visit.
Hallway Expectations and Dismissal Expectations
- Hallways are becoming a tricky spot during arrival and dismissal. Please remind your students that they are to walk on the blue tile, single file, with a smile.
- Please remind car riders that they are to walk to the library on the blue tile. When entering the library their voices should be off or at a whisper so their names can be heard. They need to sit where the adults can see their eyes, not behind the tables. As the crowd clears they need to move forward toward the carpet area however they may still sit in the chairs.
Just In Case...
- Remember to make those positive phone calls before conferences.
- Remember to ask specific triage questions to help your student learn their missing skill(s).
- Please check equipment(slides, swings, monkey bars) to see if it is wet before letting students play on it. We don't want our students to slip off or get too wet. Also, please scan the playground particularly closely this week since the carnival is in the park. Sometimes they use our playground and we find things that should not be on a playground.
Panther Cub Academy
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Family Support Document and Family Celebrations
Please make sure to read through these documents.
Family Support Documenthttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1VP73Tmbvm5HEmNuoXenwE7qLCJJMQ1N1rH-3PDdy6w4/edit
CONSCIOUS DISCIPLINE: THE SKILL OF COMPOSURE Composure is the willingness to change our internal state from upset to calm.
Composure is self-control in action.
It is a prerequisite skill adults need before disciplining children.
It requires us to be the person that we want others to become.
Composure comes from the power of perception which states: “No one can make me angry without my permission.”Whomever or whatever we put in charge of our feelings, we have placed in charge of ourselves. Dr. Becky Bailey
7 Habits of Happy Kids
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray-Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Melissa asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Melissa. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Jennika & Melissa if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 816-550-4434 and 816-868-9856
- Call or text Jennika or Melissa if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
As a professional learning community, we commit to three big ideas:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement