Lord Of the Flies
By Matt Valenti
Boundless. "Dictatorship and Totalitarianism - Boundless Open Textbook."Boundless. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
My Island Government
1) Nobody is better than anybody else.
2) Leaders are elected every 2 years and can only serve 2 terms.
3) Provinces may not wage war with one another.
4) If a province is attacked, it is the duty of other provinces to defend it.
5) Generals are appointed by leaders and may serve until the people no longer require their services.
6) Any religious practices must be practiced in private.
7) Leaders cannot force religions on their provinces or their people.
8) Crimes are punishable by banishment from the republic.
9) People are free to choose whatever they job want.
10) The republic's military is 90% conscripts and 10% volunteer.
11) All provincial leaders must meet at least 2 times a year to discuss important matters in the republic.
12) All citizens are given military training in case their province is attacked.
13) If a province decides to attack another province they are considered hostile and will be either reclaimed by the republic or banished permanently from the republic.
14) Citizens are allowed to have their own opinions about provincial governors.
15) All citizens are allowed to receive a free education.
These rules will be enforced through the provincial governors and the military. It also the duty of the citizens, provincial governors, and military leaders that these rules are enforced. Creative Commons. "Roman Republic." Ancient History Encyclopedia. N.p., 28 Apr. 2011. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
Historical example of infighting: Congo Crisis
U.S. Department of State. "The Congo, Decolonization, and the Cold War, 1960–1965 - 1961–1968 - Milestones - Office of the Historian." The Congo, Decolonization, and the Cold War, 1960–1965 - 1961–1968 - Milestones - Office of the Historian. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.