SPARK Academy Newsletter - October 29, 2021
ACS Transitioning to Mask Recommended
Dear ACS Families,
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we work through these unprecedented times. I am pleased to report that our school system and community continue to experience a decrease in positive COVID-19 cases. Therefore, beginning October 18, 2021, Athens City Schools will transition our indoor masking policy from “Mask Required” to “Mask Recommended”.
Under the new "Mask Recommended" Policy:
- It is recommended that masks are worn when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Restrictions on lunch visits will remain in place until further notice.
- Masks may be required for individual classrooms, schools, or the entire school system should positivity rates increase.
- Families should continue to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms at home. Do not send sick children to school. Contact your school nurse with questions concerning sickness and to report sickness.
- Masks will continue to be required while students are transported on any school bus as required by the CDC.
We look forward to an amazing rest of the school year!
Beth Patton, Superintendent
Athens City Schools
November 4: Kindergarten Field Research at Birmingham Zoo
November 11: Veteran's Day Holiday (no school)
November 16: 1st Grade Field Research at Nashville Zoo
November 24-26: Thanksgiving Day Holidays (no school)
December 20-January 4: Christmas Holidays (no school)
2021-2022 School Calendar
Get the ACS app!
Get the Free App Now!
Never miss a weather alert, school closing or important update. Download the ACS mobile app to stay connected at all times. Use the app to can check calendars, lunch menus, and receive "push" notifications about school events and weather emergencies. Download the free app today at the App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android devices. Search "Athens City School System."
Be sure to allow alerts, pushes and banners in your phone settings under "notifications" to properly receive notifications. In the app settings, please select the schools from which you wish to receive updates. Contact our office with any questions. 256.233.6600.