Message from the Principal . . .
●Leadership Collier will be on campus on October 2nd, 7:00 am - 5:15 pm They will be taking a tour of the campus between 3:00 - 4:00 pm. Please make sure you leave your lab areas as organized as possible.
●Are you interested in being part of a team? If so, you have the opportunity to represent LWIT/LWTHS at Moe’s Corporate Run on October 2nd. The run is a 3 mile run/walk and all levels of runners and walkers are encouraged to participate. As long as you wear an LWIT/LWTHS shirt, we will pay for the registration fee. See Rick Ponton or Steve Parnell for details.
●Dr. Peggy Aune, Executive Director of Secondary Education, and Tim Kutz, Director of Safety, will be on campus on Friday, 10/3 for my CLEM visit. They will be visiting classrooms and possibly talking to staff and students.
●LWIT has been chosen to pilot a new database system, FOCUS. I had the opportunity to attend a webinar regarding Focus and I am very impressed with the system’s capabilities. Check out the recorded webinar on youtube to get an idea of what is coming. I will keep you posted as I get additional information from the District.
- LWIT Teachers - Pell payments continue this week so we need your help in ensuring that student attendance is submitted daily for this week. If you have any questions, see Heidi.
- The STEM Conference is being held on October 11, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Golden Gate High School. Please come out and support LWIT/LWTHS teachers who will be presenting - Bruce Peters, Pam Wilkin, Tara Barr, Dave Gabriel, Tiffany Hall, Susan James, and Jackie Hagerman. Registration is now open on the CCPS website.
- Your September PLT Reflection feedback form is due on 9/30. Looking for PLT activities? Check out all the free webinars offered by edWEB.net.
- Your CTEM deliberative practice plans are due on Monday, 9/29.
- The next Advisory Luncheon Committee meeting is on 10/1 at 2:30 pm. We welcome your participation as we get ready for the event on 10/17.
- Teachers, please be visible in hallways between classes and during transition times to monitor students as this helps to alleviate inappropriate behaviors and actions. Also, a "good morning" greeting at the door sets the stage for the rest of the class as well.
- Morning announcements provide students with important information about upcoming events and happening, so please take a few minutes at the beginning of your first block/period to share the announcements with your class.
- Connected Educators - ready to connect with other teachers around the world? This initiative was originated by the Dept of Education, but has taken on a life of its own.
- K-12 Online Conference - there will be a number of short presentations available to anyone in this free online conference - they will be archived for viewing at any time, as well. The scheduled dates and themes are:
Week of Oct 20 – 24: Stories for Learning and Games and Gamification
Week of Oct 27 – 31: Passion Driven Learning and STEAM
- DEN Streamathon - Sat, Oct 25th - more on soon, but mark your calendar for a fun, learning event at LWIT (viewing party for the event)
If you missed last week's Tech Tool Tuesday and are interested in Google Chrome Extensions, please view the wiki page and then submit your documentation for a MIP.
KUDOS to . . .
- Ann Fredette, Mary Crowley, Jill Peterson, Marie Coleman, Pat Metcalf, Ed Laudise, and John Antonnaci for providing in-service workshops on early release day
- Joann Cassio and NHS members for a successful Blood Drive.
- Student Services - Diane Long, Deb Young, Heidi Duff, Bob Waller, Debbie Hoofer, Olivia Ralston, Emily Bordner, Melissa Casanova, Lynn Bedrava and Marie Coleman for a successful LWIT Connections event
- Laurie Lattarulo for organizing Thursday's in-service snacks
- Chef Geri, Chef Becca, Chef Abdo, and culinary students for organizing the Marco Leadership Breakfast
- Bob Waller for representing LWIT at College Night
- Steve Parnell for kicking off an energizing work-out club
- Susan Resatar, Linda Hoover, and Khris Betten-Jutasi for recruiting cosmetology and Key Club volunteers for the Title 1 Parent Summit
- Ariel Pechokas for taking the Key Club officers to their regional meeting
- Darlene Crete and Jeff Rexford for helping out at the Title I Parent Summit
Birthdays this week . . .
Happy Birthday to:
- Advisory Luncheon Planning Committee Meeting, Dining Hall D, 10/1, 2:30 pm
- LWTHS Team Meeting, Varies, 10/1, 2:00 - 2:35 p.m.
- Support Staff Meeting, 10/2, 1: 30 - 2:30 p.m.
- LWIT PLC, Varies, 10/7, 2:35 - 3:00 p.m.
- On-site flu shots and pneumonia vaccines, 10/6, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Welcome Naples Rotary, 10/15, 11:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Early Release Day, 10/16
- Teacher Planning Day, 10/17
- Advisory Committee Luncheon, 10/17