The Daly News 10/22/18
Manatee Elementary Staff Newsletter
- Teachers will be shaking hands when your students are called up during the awards. Normally professional dress would be required (because your families will treasure these pictures for years to come and we want to look our best). However, since it is Red Ribbon Week, being dressed up for the spirit days would be appropriate, even during awards. (Jeans are ok on Friday with a neon shirt)
- If your personal child is receiving an award, email Shannon the day PRIOR to the award ceremony. We can ensure their class goes first so you can get coverage and be there to see it.
- Second semester ESOL, Gifted and Reading Endorsement classes have been released in ProGo. See Carver/Kestner if you are interested in taking one and need help finding it.
- Wear red
- Wear crazy socks & hair
- Kindergarten Fire Station Visit (Moss/Hislop)
- Report cards sent home
- Carver out
- Wear a jersey or sports shirt
- Kindergarten Fire Station Visit (McLellan/Crouchley)
- Conference night 5-7 pm. Email Shannon if you are not attending.
- Carver & Kesnter out
- Wear your pajamas
- Kindergarten Fire Station Visit (Spradlen/Owens/Coyne)
- Captain Wattage Show for 4th/5th grades
- Awards 2nd/4th at 8:15 am and 1st/6th at 9:15 am
- Wear sunglasses and neon (the lime green Thinga-ma-Jogger shirt might be a good idea for neon)
- Awards K at 8:15 am and 3rd/5th at 9:15 am
- Harvest Hoe Down 5-7 pm
All staff is encouraged to participate in Red Ribbon Week dress up days. Please show your school spirit our students would love to see you participate.
Have you heard about Teaching without Frills? I learned about it last week, it is a great resource of short videos on writing. They are in an engaging Powtoon format and great for elementary aged students.