12 Ways to Help your Child Get Ready for Kindergarten
Language & Social Emotional Development
2. To help your child be more successful when learning English as a second language, continue to speak to the child in their home language.
3. Listen to your child and help them identify and express their feelings, thoughts and emotions.
4. Teach children social emotional and problem-solving skills by teaching them how to respond to their emotions.
5. Help children learn from their mistakes as they are opportunities to grow and learn.
7. Take every opportunity to read aloud to your child.
Math & Numbers
9. Help children recognize patterns in the world around them (music, sound, language and objects).
10. Encourage children to be problem solvers and figure things out on their own.
11. Ensure your child gets at least 1 hour of physical play everyday.