Week of September 21st
What Happened this Week?
• Our story for the week was Henry and Mudge. The kids really enjoyed reading the story and talking about the different elements of the story.
• We reviewed Past Tense, Present Tense, and Future Tense verbs.
• During writing, we talked about plural nouns.
• The kids are creating skits, posters, or songs to demonstrate what they've learned about the water cycle. This project is going so well. It is so exciting to see these creative minds in action! Stay tuned for some great pictures and video clips!
• The kids took their reading and math MAP tests at the end of the week.
• Juan's dad surprised us as our Mystery Reader!
What Are We Doing Next Week?
• In science, we will be learning about different weather instruments.
• During writing, we will begin brainstorming and journey mapping a Halloween/ Fall story.
• The students will also select their first piece that they will include in their second grade portfolio. The students will reflect on why they chose this special piece.
• Our reading focus will be answering the following questions: Who? What? Where? When? and Why? while they read a text.
• Please check your child's red folder each night.
• If you would like to be a Mystery Reader we would love to have you! Please contact me and we can set something up. I still have many openings.
• Raz Kids is a great way to help strengthen your child's reading abilities. Please make sure they are utilizing this site at least once a week.
• We are still missing family photos from a few families. Please send them in if you haven't already.
• Party money- If you haven't sent in your $7.00 please do so when you can. Thanks!