Character Trait for January
The Golden Rule
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
What does this phrase mean to you? Discuss.
- As the instructor plays the song, walk around the room, in any direction.
- Suddenly, the instructor will stop the tape and call out a number.
- Stop and grab hands with enough people to make a group of that number.
- Don’t let any extras break into your group.
- Hold hands to maintain your group until you hear the music start again.
- Play the music.
- When you stop the music, call out a number.
- Repeat three times using a different number.
Karaoke Brave - Sara Bareilles *
Discussion After Activity:
- How did it feel to be left out — or even pushed away?
- How did you feel about the way you were treated?
- What words describe the way you were treated?
- Do people at your school treat other that way? Give examples.
So what does it mean to be a caring person?
Students stand in a circle. Your facilitator will start by lightly tossing a ball around the circle. Each time you receive the ball, you must provide one quality of a caring person.