March 14-18, 2016
Monday, we will begin a new unit - Time & Measurement. We'll start with a review of telling time to the nearest minute. Tuesday, we'll discuss how to determine whether a time should be labeled A.M. or P.M. Wednesday, the students will find out how much time has elapsed between the beginning & ending of an event. Thursday & Friday, they will be given either the starting or ending time and how much time has elapsed. Then, we will learn how to work backward to find the missing piece.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, we will finish our work with comparing & contrasting 2 nonfiction articles. Thursday & Friday, we'll take a look at some persuasive writing and determine the author's point of view. Then, we'll determine whether we agree or disagree with him and why.
Writing & Spelling
Monday & Tuesday, the students will finish typing the final copy of their persuasive letter. Wednesday - Friday, we will dive into a new unit - blogging. The students will first view some sample blog posts. Then, we'll discuss what needs to be included in the blogs that they'll be writing - a summary of the article they've read, their opinion, & advice they'd offer their reader. The students will then practice writing their own blog entry.
In Spelling this week, we'll focus on how to change words that end in a consonant y from singular to plural, synonyms, and the suffixes -er & -est.
Monday & Tuesday, we will talk about molecule movement within solids, liquids, & gases. We'll see how in gases the molecules are moving quickly & freely, but in solids they're closely packed & barely moving. Wednesday, the students will see the difference between evaporation & condensation. Thursday, we will create a diagram that shows how when thermal energy or heat is added matter can pass from a solid to a liquid and from a liquid to a gas.
- March 14-18 - Fine Arts Week
- Monday, Mar. 14 - Girls on the Run 4:10-6:00p.m.
- Tuesday, Mar. 15 - Garden Club 4:10-5:10p.m.
- Wednesday, Mar. 16 - Bus Evacuation Drill 10:00-10:15a.m.
- Wednesday, Mar. 16 - Spanish Club 4:10-5:10p.m.
- Thursday, Mar. 17 - Girls on the Run 4:10-6:00p.m.
- Friday, Mar. 18 - Spring Picture Day 10:00-10:15a.m.
- Friday, Mar. 18 - Specials Free Day 11:05-11:55a.m.
- Friday, Mar. 18 - Activity with 1st grade buddies 3:15-3:45p.m.
- Friday, Mar. 18 - Grade cards sent home
- Mar. 21-25 - Spring Break
- Friday, Mar. 25 - Spring Blood Drive (gym) 1:00-7:00p.m.