Somerset ES Staff Bulletin
Week of September 19th
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Events This Week
10:30-11:30 Para Educator Meeting
3:45-4:45 PM Staff Meeting
9:15 Announced Shelter/Lockdown Drill
9:15 Core Team Meeting
11:30 mClass Scoring Workshop
IEP/EMT -- Coverage
9:30 Smith -- Lambert-Williamson
10:30 Boula -- Lambert-Williamson
1:30 Private School
2:30 DeMarco -- Lambert-Williamson
Maureen out/Kelly out PM
Hearing and Vision Testing (K, 1 and new)
Emergency Sub Folders due to Susan
Announced Fire Drill
Sunday (9/25) - 5-7 PM Back to School Picnic
Monday (9/26) - 3:45-4:45 Leadership Team Meeting
- Everyone who participated in the 3-5 Back-to-School Night this week. A hugely successful evening. Thank you for all that you do to support our students.
- Brooke and Bess for their work with the compact Math re-screening process.
- Tracy and Michael for all their technology support!
- Michelle for her support with MAP testing.
- Kat, Colleen and Brooke for their support during the Parent Volunteer Training.
- Danielle, Michelle, and Jane for their flexibility with revising the resource schedules.
- Our para educators for their endless flexibility and support our Somerset students.
- Brooke for the endless time spent on resource and ESOL schedules.
-Naina and HeeJung for their collaboration on the ESOL schedule.
- Naina for assisting Ms. Robins and Ms. Lambert-Williamson navigate Google to add students to Ms. Robin’s Google Classroom!!! She went above and beyond the call of duty.
Happy Birthday to:
9/21 Kym Hurley (Grade 2)
9/23 Matt Benson (Bldg Svcs Manager, day shift)
Announcements and Important Information
- Join Somerset families on Saturday for the Dads' Baseball Game:
- Saturday, September 17, 2016 (Rain Date: September 24th)
- 2 Games: 3PM and 6PM under the lights (Come to one or both games)
- Tickets - Single $10/Family Pack $15
- All tickets sales go directly to the Somerset Foundation
- Shirley Povich Field, Cabin John - 10600 Westlake Drive,Bethesda, MD 20852
- The switch from air conditioning to heating will begin across all schools on October 5th. Please continue to remember to tell your students to dress for the weather, and/or bring layers if necessary.
- Social Dues- $30 for full time staff, $15 for part time staff. We are asking for payments by Sept. 19---checks made out to the Somerset Social Committee or cash in an envelope with your name on it. Either can be placed in Barbara Berlin’s box.
- Please remember to sign in the main office every morning. Also, if you need to leave the building during your duty-free lunch, you MUST let Susan &/or Nancy know on a daily basis.
- Please pick up your students from specials, lunch and recess on time, and please arrive to your duties on time. We all depend on each other for a smooth and efficient school day.