First Grade Footnotes
Florence Elementary, Week 3 Sept. 8, 2015
Flag Day is this Friday. The ceremony starts at 8am It is a very meaningful ceremony and you are welcome to stay for it. It will be out front by the flag pole. First graders are to wear red on that day.
We launched our first E.L.M. (Engaged Learning Model) project on Thursday. The kids are having fun getting used to working in teams to create rules for our classroom!
Theme of the Week: Flag Day
Areas of Concentration
- Building comprehension by using their background knowledge
- Spell sight words: we , up, to, the
- Generating writing ideas/adding to words and pictures
- Beginning addition
- Germs + Hygiene
Dates to Remember
- Sept. 7 - Labor Day Holiday
- Sept. 11 - FES Flag Day
- Sept. 18 - Spirit Day/Spirit Store
- Sept. 24 & 25 - Grandparents Day
**P.E.– please remember to send your child to school in athletic shoes on their co-curr day!
Character Quality for September: Responsibility
- Please check your child’s folder each day for valuable work and information. Water bottles are allowed.
- Lunch prices: $2.65 for students and $3.40 for adults.
IMPORTANT TIMES TO REMEMBER…