Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 30, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Kudos to Ian in Mrs. Wetzstein's class. He was our #1 seller, selling over 40 items, and contributing over $700 to our overall earnings! Wow!
Big thanks to Kristen Farnam for coordinating this fundraiser, and to all of the folks who helped with processing orders this week.
Stay tuned for information about delivery day - we'll need help getting materials organized and we'll need all items picked up that day!
School Site Council Forming Now!
students can only get in the hot lunch line if they've NOTIFIED THEIR TEACHER
that they are getting hot lunch that morning
It's important to our food service team that all children who requested hot lunch in the later grades get access to it, but sometimes we have more children getting into the hot lunch than our counts tell us to plan for. Our lunch menu is posted below and Wednesday is always pizza day (super popular!!!).
Food For Thought - Red Ribbon Week
Talking about drugs with your elementary school student may feel uncomfortable to parents, but research shows that the more you talk about drugs with your child and the earlier you start, the less likely they are to engage in risky behavior.
Here are some tools to help you with the conversation:
- basic ideas on what's developmentally appropriate to share with children about drugs & alcohol
- a series of essays from the National Institute of Health that are geared around how to support young children so they avoid drug and alcohol use/abuse
- a series of scenarios your child may experience and ask about (i.e. taking a vitamin, seeing an adult take medications) and includes ideas on how to talk to your child in a developmentally appropriate way
This fall, we will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week with "healthy choice/anti drug" dress up days (stay tuned), a healthy choice/say no to drugs door decorating contest (thanks Mrs. Ricci & our awesome Art Docents!), and a visit from our local first responders at our annual Carnoween.
- Mon., 10/1: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/1, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/1, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 10/2, 10:05 am: Leadership Ambassador Meeting at AM recess in music room
- Tues., 10/2, 5-6 pm: PTC Meeting in the Library; child care provided
- Fri., 10/5 - Mon., 10/8: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/9
- Tues., 10/9: Lockout/Evacuation Drill planned
- Fri., 10/12: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/12, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/15: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/15, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/15, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Wed., 10/17: Picture Retake/Makeup Day
- Fri., 10/19: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/19, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/22: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/23
- Week of 10/23: Red Ribbon Week (door decorating, fall carnival, etc...)
- Tues., 10/23: Box Tops are Due - click here to print a collection sheet(s)
- Tues., 10/23, 4-8 pm: PTC Chipotle Dine Out
- Fri., 10/26: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/26, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Fri., 10/26, 4-7 pm: PTC Fall Carnival and Trunk or Treat
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule! You can also find information about our leadership program action teams here: http://lces.wpusd.org/subsites/music/index.html
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!