"What's Haps" in Humanities?
April 13 Week:What's going on in Room 304
- What's a utopia?
- What stands in the way of achieving one?
- What sacrifices are made in pursuit of Utopias?
Photo courtesy of http://www.gbdh.sadiron.com/archives/15790
This week we....
-had our first Book Club for The Giver
-created lists of reactions to the plot and setting of the novel, The Giver
-critically compared a myth with a Disney portrayal of the same myth and examined reasons for their choices and whether it mattered
-worked on turning topic sentences into sophisticated thesis statements
ASK YOUR CHILD ABOUT:
- What activities they are doing for their Election vocabulary words (due___________) ?Assignment found on the TOPICS page:
- Where they are in their reading of The Giver? Are they managing their own schedule or do they need assistance in making deadlines?
- How do alliances shift during the Persian War?
- Why can losing a battle can still mean winning a war?
- How does the setting of The Giver differs from our world and what the positives and negatives of their world are?
- What sentence starters make the best "STOP AND THINK" questions?