September 20th, 2019
Upcoming Spry Events
Sept. 27 - Spry Middle School Family Night (Food Truck Rodeo) (5:30 - 8:00 pm)
Sept. 30 - 7th and 8th Grade School Pictures
Oct. 1 - 6th Grade School Pictures
Oct. 11 - Superintendent Conference Day (No School K-12)
Oct. 14 - Columbus Day (No School K-12)
Oct. 16 - Mandatory Washington DC Meeting (Parent/Student/Chaperone) 6:30 pm
Oct. 23 - Spry 7th Grade Parent Information Mtg on Washington DC 6:30 pm
Oct. 30 - School Picture Make-up Day
- Do you love to sing, dance, or be funny? Have you always wondered what it would be like to be an actor? Come learn about Drama Club! This year’s show is “Fiddler on the Roof Jr.” There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 25th from 3:15 to 4:15 in the chorus room. We will be explaining auditions and giving you tips on how you can prepare. There is no late bus on Wednesdays so you will need to arrange for a ride home. In the meantime check out the Spry Drama Club website for some great information about this show. If you can't come to this meeting or you have any questions talk to Mrs. Mungo in the Main Office so you can get all the information you need for auditions.
- Intramurals will be starting after school on Monday, September 16th. Monday will be Touch Football, Tuesday will be Soccer, and Thursday will be Touch Football. If you have any questions, you can see Mr. Petz in the boy's Phys. Ed. office.
- Do you like to solve problems and puzzles? Then MathCounts is for you! Come find out what this club is about! MathCounts will have their first meeting on Tuesday, October 1st in room 226. We will begin right after school from 3:15 to 4:00. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Rich, Mr. Keiser, or Mrs. Hughes. Hope to see you there!
- Students, we are visiting Italy and Greece in July 2020! All Webster students are welcome! Come to our meeting on Thursday, September 19th at 6:30PM in the Spry cafeteria. Come and learn about this super exciting opportunity, itinerary, cost, fundraising opportunities and discounts! Email Mrs.Zaborny at email@example.com with any questions! See you then amigos!
- Would you like to develop games? How about writing computer programs? Then come check out Computer Science Club and you'll learn how to code. Computer Science Club will have their first meeting on Thursday, September 26th in room 123 from 3:15 to 4:00. No experience necessary and beginners are welcome! Please see Mrs. Hughes if you have any questions. Come join us!
- Attention all 6, 7th and 8th graders! Do you like playing Jeopardy and being competitive? Would you like to be part of Spry's Academic Challenge Bowl team? We complete by answering questions about all kinds of subjects including mythology, social studies, science, sports, world geography and more. Come to the informational meeting to see a demonstration after school on Thursday, September 26th. All returning members should also attend the first meeting of the new season! See Mrs. Geisler in room 302 if you have any questions!
- Our first Builders Club meeting will be on Tuesday, October 1st, after school, in room 326. Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school, with more than 40,000 members worldwide. Builders Club is a “student-led” service organization that participates in volunteer opportunities around our school and in the community. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader can be a member. Come to our informational meeting on Tuesday, October 1st and check it out!
- Attention all 6, 7 and 8th graders. Chess club will hold its first meeting on Tuesday October 1st in room 302. All new and returning players interested in playing and competing in the chess league should attend the meeting. See Mrs. Geisler in room 302 or send her an email if you have any questions.
Spry Welcome Back Food Truck Rodeo
When: Friday, September 27th
Where: Spry Middle School
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Who: Effortlessly HEALTHY, Meat the Press, Heintzelman’s, Magical Marinade BBQ and The Chai Guy
Come join us for a bite to eat and some music. This will be a picnic style event, so bring you chairs or blankets!
Sponsored by Spry PTSA
Washington DC Information
Best Buddies is a new club at Spry that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, leadership development, and inclusive living for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Through the simple acts of making friends, Best Buddies’ goal is to eradicate the social isolation of people with disabilities through programs that engage and include youth and adults with disabilities and their peers.
If you’re interested in joining Best Buddies, please grab a flyer outside of room 208 or the main office. Our first meeting is Tuesday, October 8th afterschool in room 208. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beckens or Mrs. Seroski.
Math Lab is OPEN
· Do fractions fracture your brain?
· Are factor puzzles, well, puzzling?
· Do tape diagrams leave you tangled?
· Are slopes just a bit too slippery?
· Does accelerated math move a little too fast?
· Then come to the math lab where we can help you solve your problems!
· It’s located on the 3rd floor landing near room 327 and is open during all lunch hours every day, starting Monday, September 9th. Just get a pass from your study hall or math teacher and come on up! Mrs. Hunt will be happy to help you.