Peek at the Week
Week of October 15th, 2018
Staff Shout Outs!
- Thanks to Sean & Tracy for getting our DPA student leaders trained & ready to rock!
- Thanks to all the good sports who helped make our Terry Fox Assembly so fun! Big shout out to Matt, Joanne, Andrea, Missy, Tracy, Jen, Shannon & Sean, our hair cutting and spaghetti eating pros. An extra special thank you to Shannon C. & Coral for all the hard work put into the event.
- Kudos to our Running Club coaches - Tracy, Terri & Diana - for your time commitment and organization
- Welcome to Jen Cole from Ed Services for the next few weeks as she supports teachers with the assessment reporting for our School to Community students.
- A huge thanks to Diana for offering staff yoga, and to Rachel for organizing staff Zumba!
- Please ensure students in the library are there with an adult supervisor.
- We are accepting Lego donations - there is a donation box in the front foyer
Health & Safety:
This Week at Southview
Monday, October 15th (Day 3)
- Holiday JOY Fundraising campaign begins (until Oct. 26)
Tuesday, October 16th (Day 4)
- Staff meeting 8:00am (Tracy's room) Agenda below.
- District Cross Country
- Student leaders DPA to start in classrooms 11:55-12:15
Wednesday, October 17th (Day 5)
- Kinder & Hendry to Pumpkin Patch
Thursday, October 18th (Day 1)
- Author presentation - Shane Peacock
- Macpherson House trip for White, Wright & Gaffney classes
- Staff yoga with Diana (after school)
Friday, October 19th (Day 2)
- Bus safety presentations rescheduled 1:00-1:30pm (K-1), 2:30-3:00 (2-3) - gym unavailable starting at 12:15pm.
Upcoming Events and Special Days
October 15-26 - Holiday JOY Fundraising campaign
October 22 ~ We Scare Hunger campaign begins
October 23 ~ Global Maker Day!
October 23 ~ Parent Council Family Halloween Dance
October 26 ~ PA Day
October 29 & 30 ~ Dental Screening for JK, SK & Grade 2
October 30 ~ DuChene (3s) & Zwiers to Swim to Survive
October 31 ~ Orange & Black Day
November 1 ~ Progress Reports due to the office
November 1 ~ Brown & Jones (3s) to Swim to Survive
November 6 ~ DuChene (3s) & Zwiers to Swim to Survive
November 7 ~ Picture Retake Day
November 8 ~ Brown & Jones (3s) to Swim to Survive
November 9 ~ Remembrance Day Assembly, 10:15 am
November 9 ~ Grade 7 & 8 to Financial Literacy
November 12 ~ Bus Safety Presentations (4-8)
November 14 ~ We Day in Ottawa
November 14 ~ Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
November 15 ~ Progress Reports go home
November 19 to 22 ~ Scholastic Book Fair
November 19 ~ Hallford & Dupuis to Gould Lake
November 21 ~ Farren & Hall to Gould Lake
November 27 & 28 ~ Vision Screening for SK & Grade 1
November 30 ~ PA Day - NO SCHOOL
Important Reporting Dates
Global Maker Day and Take Me Outside Day!
Take Me Outside Day is Oct. 24th - More information can be found HERE.