EHC 2015 Final Update!
This is it! The FINAL flyer!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO BRING
- Please bring a copy of your ESTA document or make sure that you have the appropriate visa in your passport! You will need it to enter the United States.
- You must always bring your passport any time you travel outside of your home country. This time is no different! Please remember to bring your passport and necessary documentation so you can enter the United States!
ORIGINAL COPIES OF IMMUNIZATION DOCUMENTS
- Although we will submit electronic copies of your vaccination records for the health check, the medical facility where you will shadow may also request to see original copies of your records. Therefore, as was outlined in the Immunization Guide, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not forget to bring original copies of your immunization documents with you to the U.S.
- Please remember to bring your white coats. You are required to wear them when participating in physician shadowing.
- We would prefer that you bring a laptop, but if you would like to bring your tablet instead, that is perfectly fine.
- Umbrella or raincoat
- School ID
- Business casual clothing
- Casual clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Formal outfit for final banquet
- Light Jacket
- Business cards (if you have them)
You must be able to carry your own bags. Carry your bags around your home or neighborhood. Too much to handle? Leave some things behind! For a list of recommended items to bring with you, please review VIA EHC Orientation Handout provided during orientation or by email.
ON THE PLANE
SFO Airport Pick-Up Time & Location
CUSTOMS & IMMIGRATION
When you arrive at the San Francisco International Airport, you will first go through customs. Please make sure that you have signed your passport on the appropriate page.
When asked where you will be staying at, please use the following address:
112 7th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
In the past, VIA students have not had any problem going through customs. However, if you are asked the purpose of your stay, you can say: "to join a short culture program."
If they ask to contact someone in the United States, my cell phone number is 818.433.9110. You can reach Kazutoh Ishida, Senior Stanford Programs Director, via cell phone by dialing 650.283.7252.
Once you pass Customs & Immigration, you will pick up your luggage. You will then exit, and I and the other members of the EHC team will be waiting for you with a welcome sign on the Arrivals Floor in the International Terminal. The international terminal is not very big, so it should not be hard to find us.
We have arranged charter buses to bring participants to Good Hotel from SFO. The bus will leave SFO at 1:30 PM.
- For those of you arriving before 11:00 AM, please wait in the International Arrivals Terminal between Gate A and Gate G. There is a little cafe there, called Emporio Rulli, where you can relax and have a cup of coffee/snack. The EHC team will arrive at SFO at 11:00 AM to pick you up.
- If you arrived to the USA before March 13th and have NOT already made alternate plans for traveling to Good Hotel in San Francisco, meet us at the San Francisco International Airport International Terminal between Gate A and Gate G in front of a little cafe called Emporio Rulli at 11:00 AM on March 13th. Just look for the people holding the VIA and EHC signs.
To join, follow this link: