Science Weekly Update
Curtis - 7th Grade Life Science
November 4-8, 2013
Standards This Week:
S7L1. Students will investigate the diversity of living organisms and how they can be compared scientifically.
a. Demonstrate the process for the development of a dichotomous key.
b. Classify organisms based on physical characteristics using a dichotomous key of the six kingdom system (archaebacteria, eubacteria, protists, fungi, plants, and animals).
S7L2. Students will describe the structure and function of cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems.
a. Explain that cells take in nutrients in order to grow and divide and to make needed materials.
b. Relate cell structures (cell membrane, nucleus, cytoplasm, chloroplasts, mitochondria) to basic cell functions.
c. Explain that cells are organized into tissues, tissues into organs, organs into systems, and systems into organisms.
====Weekly Science Calendar====
What We're Doing This Week
Upcoming Events and Happenings
- Students all received a packet on October 31st.
- Through this fundraiser, students will be selling tumbler cups, soup mixes, dip mixes, sweets, and more.
- These items will make excellent holiday gifts.
- Items will arrive before our December break.
- All order forms with money must be turned in by November 15th.
- Funds will be used to purchase educational technology items for our school.