End of Semester Information
What to expect in this class in the next two weeks
FINAL PROJECTS ARE DUE SOON... ARE YOU READY?
find the assignment and submission location in Module 5 > Final LinguaFolio
Your Final Project is due WEDNESDAY, MAY 20th
find the directions and submission location in "Course Projects"
No late submissions accepted (unless I have already spoken to you about it).
For the Final Project:
- Remember to cite your sources. This includes text and images. I know most of you haven't been to Japan, so I will assume you didn't take those nice pictures!
- Plagiarism is serious business. Taking credit for work you did not do yourself is not honest.
- Using a WEB TRANSLATOR (Google Translate, etc.) is considered PLAGIARISM. Do not use these tools.
- It is VERY easy for me to tell if you have plagiarized.
- I will ALSO be running all projects through the SafeAssign tool provided for NCVPS teachers to check for plagiarism.
If you are caught plagiarizing:
- You will receive no credit for your final project.
- I will contact your school.
- You will have to re-do the entire project in order to receive partial credit.
Please refer to the NCVPS Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Guidelines should you have any questions concerning plagiarism:
THE LAST DAY OF CLASS IS MAY 22nd
Your final grade for this class is calculated as such:
- 1st Grading Period: 37.5% of overall grade
- 2nd Grading period 37.5% of overall grade
- Final Project: 25% of overall grade
This means that no new work will be due, and that you will have the opportunity to make up any work you are missing.
COACHING IS REQUIRED NEXT WEEK (MAY 11-15) YOU MUST ATTEND.
THE FOLLOWING WEEK (May 18-22) coaching will be optional and will count as makeups or bonus.
Mid-Term grades have already been submitted. Work from lessons 1 through 8 will no longer count toward your grade.
This half of the semester, you needed to work on lessons 9 through 15.
All late work submitted from lessons 1 through 8 is now past due.