Pennies for Patients
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Fundraiser
Oaktree Student Council Fundraiser
Oaktree Students will be collecting money for the month of October to raise funds for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society. This year's funds are being put toward research to find treatments that have fewer harmful side effects.
- Approximately every 3 minutes someone in the U.S. Is Diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- 1.3 million are living with or are in remission from a blood cancer
- More than one third of the patients do not survive 5 years after the diagnosis.
- Leukemia is the number one form of cancer that is diagnosed in children.
- 80% of childhood cancer survivors suffer chronic health conditions as a result of their cancer treatment.
- We have had this cancer effect our community of Goodrich this year with the loss of Doug Tetmeyer and Jennifer Buchler is still fighting.
- The winning class gets treated to a lunch by Olive Garden
- If the School gets to $1,000 we get to have a PJ Day
- If the school gets to $2,000 we get to have a movie day with our PJ Day
- If the school reaches $3,000 we get to have a movie day with, Pj's and a treat.