Blanchard MS Bands
September 2015 Newsletter
Check your forms!
Prep band parents, please get on Charms or the band website to print off your prep band handbook form and get it turned in. We will have your student do a medical form if he/she switches bands in December.
5th grade parents, we will send info out on your handbook and form later, so no worries now!
Charms information for everyone
Go to www.charmsoffice.com and get going! Our school code is BlanchardBands (one word) and the password is the same as last year (or whatever you changed it to). It was originally set to your last name capitalized correctly, though some people had a first initial with a last name. If you need us to reset the password, just let us know!
5th grade parents, we'll be sending this information home next month so you'll be able to get up and running as well. If you'd like to check it out sooner, shoot us an email and we'll get you the login info.
5th Grade & Prep Band Parents
Celly for the band
Calendar of Upcoming Events (always available on Charms!)
- September 7th, No School
- September 11th, Honor band entries & money due! (7th & 8th grade only)
- September 18th, No school (Parent/Teacher conferences)
- September 25th, All 8th grade band students participate at HS football game!
- September 26th, Mason's Breakfast fundraiser for all Blanchard Bands
- September 29th, Band Booster meeting; 7:00pm in the HS band room
Otis Spunkmeyer & more fundraiser
7th & 8th Grade Band T-Shirt Designs
Honor Band Entries & Money for 7th & 8th graders
Because we want everyone to audition, the music for honor band auditions will be used in class for tests. This will give students extra time to work on the music and get feedback on their progress.
The cost to audition is $10 each ($20 total if you do both) and can be sent to school with your student. Checks need to be made out to Blanchard Bands. A student is signed up when he/she pays, and all money is due by Friday, September 11th.
Background checks for volunteers
Remember that background checks for all volunteers who want to work directly with the students are required. For MS that primarily means our trailer pullers and our hotel chaperones for honor bands. The band has a background check that costs $12.50 and requires you to give us a copy of your driver's license. If you would like to volunteer with the band, please fill out the background check (found on www.blanchardbands.com on the forms page) and send it in with a copy of your license. We can also make a copy for you if necessary. We still need lots of parent help, so please don't let this safety measure deter you!
MS Band Students of the Month!
- Paige is in the 7th grade and plays percussion. Paige has done amazing job this year with being prepared. She has made sure the back of the room is always cleaned up. Being in percussion, she and the other percussionists always have to make sure they clean up all of their equipment. This past week, the band has been rehearsing for our pep rally and the amount of equipment in the back of the room has doubled. Paige is a leader among her peers and always makes sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do. Thank you for being a boss, Paige!
- Reed is in the 8th grade and plays the trumpet. Reed has improved as a musician and stepped up for his 8th grade year. He not only is a leader for his section in the 7th/8th grade band, he also is a leader after school as well. Reed has taken it upon himself to help clean up the band room after school. He is a wonderful student who is well mannered and is always on top of his work. Thank you for being such a wonderful role model for the entire 7th and 8th grade band. Keep it up, Reed!
- Bailey is a 6th grade clarinet player and is doing incredibly well at the start of this year! Her tone is amazing which shows she's practicing regularly, and she is always paying attention in class. On our recent chair test she played almost perfectly and earned a top chair. Outstanding work by an outstanding young lady! Great job, Bailey!
- Danielle is also a 6th grade clarinet player who is rocking it at the beginning of the year! She is always focused and attentive, volunteering to answer questions or read aloud in class. She plays really well due to all of the hard work she has put in over the last year. We're really proud of you, Danielle!
How to get credit for your monthly newsletter grade! Due by Wednesday, September 23rd!
Remember, newsletters are only accepted during the month of the newsletter. Once the month has passed, that newsletter can no longer be submitted.