Dayson G. 7th
Who were the people associated with the change?
- Invented the scientific method
- 1st person to use a telescope
- Proved Nicolaus Copernicus wrong that the Earth was the center of the solar system
- Discovered the Heliocentric System
- "Founder of Modern Science"
- First person to state that Earth and the other planets travel around the sun.
- Learned several subjects, including astronomy, mathematics, medicine, and church law.
- Observed the skies in his spare time
How did the change impact the society at the time?
Many people at this time didn't expect to know about the solar system until these three astronomers discovered it using an instrument called the telescope. With the telescope you could see planets in the solar system. Astronomers researched these planets they saw and observed their characteristics.
How is that change evidenced in today's modern society?
With the invention of a telescope, we can now discover new planets in the solar system, moons, and even stars. Changes a whole new way we see the Universe. We can see the birth and death of stars. Can possibility help us find another life somewhere in the Universe.