Mrs. Smith's First Grade Class
Poplar Road Elementary School
September 19-September 23
Dates to Remember
September 22- ECHS Homecoming Parade & Partner's Pizza Spirit Night
October 6- Title 1 Annual Meeting 8:15 am OR 5:00 pm
October 20- Fall Family Conference Night
October 28- Fall Festival 5:30-8:00
Week at a Glance
Focus skill: Characters and Setting
Our phonics focus will be consonant digraph /ch/.
Asking and Telling Sentences
Keep collecting Box Tops and send them to school with your child. Our PTO turns them in for money to use at our school. The class with the most Box Tops will win a party.
We will have a spelling test on Friday. Study the spelling/phonics words in the homework packet.
We will have a reading comprehension test on Dan's Pet on Thursday. Practice reading the story each night and ask your child questions about the story. The story is included in the homework packet.
Fry words are in the green folder that comes home daily. I have highlighted the ones that your child knows at school. Fry words have to be known by sight within 3 seconds to be marked off. The goal is to know 50 words by the end of the first 9 weeks.
Things to Remember
* Send a snack to school daily* Bring Green Folder and Agenda to school each day
* Homework is sent home on Fridays and is due the following Friday.
* Wear tennis shoes on Wednesdays and Thursdays and some Fridays.
* Please send in an art shirt if you would like your child to wear one during art.
* Remind 101 allows teachers to communicate with parents about upcoming events. To
sign up for text messages text 81010 and in the message put @k3d43
Phonics Words- Spelling test will be on Friday
Vocabulary Words (Recognize by Sight)
day, every, her, said, was, with, I'll, pet, hen, chick