2nd Grade News
with Ms. Przedpelski
Ms. P's 2nd Grade Class is 100 Days Smarter!!
1. Re-Enrollment Forms: These are due on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5th! Please make sure you send these in if your child plans to attend FSAPS next year. We already have waiting lists in some of the Elementary grades.
2. Prize Box is ALMOST EMPTY: We have almost run out of prizes in our prize box! This makes me a happy teacher because it means that my students are earning signatures for their great choices and behavior! However, it also means we need more prizes! Please send in prize box donations if you are able.... I would GREATLY appreciate it, and I know your 2nd graders would be thrilled :D
3. Weekly Extra Credit is on Study Island
4. February Reading Logs and Reflections: We are starting a new month of reflections. This month students are required to complete ALL THREE reflections: 1 Chapter Book, 1 Non-Fiction, 1 Book of Choice.
Any extra reflections that your child completed this month will earn them a signature! :)
5. February AR Goals: If students read and score a passing grade on at least 3 AR quizzes this month... they will receive a dress down day as a reward at the beginning of March!
Please sign up to send in items for our Valentine's Day Celebration! (Link Below)
Box Tops for Education
FSAPS Maker Faire
I have already received Mithra's proposal and I am so impressed. I cannot wait to see what CREATIVE things my students will come up with!
All students are invited to create a project to display at our school Maker Faire to be held on our campus. In order to participate your student must turn in their propossal form by Friday, February 5th.
Students who participate will.......
- Earn 10 points extra credit added to a test in their Science class ( No placement is required to earn 10 points)
- Have a chance to win an EXCITING award and a cash prize! [Kindergarten-2nd Grade Prizes include: LEGO sets, craft sets, and Snap Circuits!]
Valentine's Day Fundraiser
Send your Valentine a sweet message!
Student Council and Mrs. Carmona’s CMP/CE class are teaming up to sell valentines for the students to give to their friends or valentine.
What: A wrapped Cutie (mandarin orange) with a small candy and a valentine card.
Who: Anyone can purchase them for their friends or valentine.
When: Sales begin January 27th. The last day to purchase is February 9th. Valentines will be distributed on February 12th.
Where: Sales will take place in the cafeteria. Valentines will be distributed to student’s 1st period class.
Cost: $2.00 All proceeds will go to “Together We Learn – Juntos Aprendemos Community"-
Mission: Latino Network provides transformative opportunities, services, and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities
Volunteers Needed for Valentine's Dance
Elementary School- 1:30-2:30 pm
Middle School- 2:30-3:30 pm
Please sign up using the following link :https://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/918119612067
Important Dates to Mark Down:
February 2: AR Dress Down Day (for January)
February 5: Re-enrollment forms due
February 5: Maker Faire Proposal due
February 12: Valentine's Day Dance and Valentine's fun in 2nd Grade
February 15: Presidents Day - No School
February 24: Six Flags reading logs are DUE
February 25: PreK-5th Grade field trip to the Alliance Theatre
This week we will be reading a story called "The Life Cycle of a Pumpkin". We will continue to practice adjectives, author's purpose, and fact and opinion. We will also continue to practice our writing!
Ms. P's Math Class:
Students in Ms. P's class will continue to practice measuring MASS of objects. We will continue to measure and solve problems using mass of objects. We will have a quiz over mass on Wednesday, February 3rd! On Thursday, we will start learning about VOLUME!
Ms. Minor's Math Class:
Ms. Minor's Math Class will be continuing adding and subtracting money. Students will receive new textbooks to come home when they have returned the 3A textbooks. Keep practicing multiplication and division facts at home! Students will test on MONEY on Monday, February 8th.
In Social Studies we are wrapping up our chapter in Social Studies on economy with a lot of fun, hands-on activities. We will be practicing the economic skills that we have been learning by carrying out some real-life events. We will also have a quiz over the vocabulary terms we have been studying on Thursday, February 4th.
In Science we will take our Chapter 4 Assessment on Monday, February 1st. Study guides are coming home today with your students!