Friday Wrap Up
Q3 Interim Assessments
Physical Fitness Testing (PFT)
Reminder that ALL 9th grade students should be assigned to a testing location by COB TODAY, 2/12! Attached is a helpful PPT that may help answer any questions you may have or receive from students regarding the testing.
Cancel CC Sessions for 2/15/2016
Have a WONDERFUL long weekend!
Teacher Training Live Session Sign up- Module 6
HS NPD: Best Practices
Breadcrumbs: log into k12training > In search bar type, "HS NPD Best Practices > Click on Classroom Calendar View > Click the link located on 2/16/2016 > sign up!
Quarter 3 New Students
Please be sure that you have reached out to any new students in your homeroom this quarter. Once you receive the green light from a FAST member, it is your responsibility to introduce yourself to the student and begin working with the family. Ensure that these contacts are logged in Pathways, selecting "WELCOME CALL" under the area of subject/focus. These calls should be done within 24 hours of receiving the green light email from the FAST Team.
Revert School Calendar
We need to make some corrections in the OLS with regard to attendance – the five days of non-instructional time between Quarter 2 and Quarter 3 are showing as missing attendance days for our students. Please follow the steps below to edit your homeroom students’ calendars.
Revert School Calendar
1) Click on Students> By Classroom > HS_ Your Homeroom
2) Click on Attendance> Click on Each of your HR students’ names individually.
3) Click on ‘Manage Student’s Schedule’.
4) Click on ‘Use School Calendar’ then click ‘Save’.
5) Click on each school day from January 28 – February 3 to mark these as “days off.” This will allow the student to not be marked as absent for these non-instructional days. Then click ‘Save’.
6) Repeat for each student.
Please let your HLT know if you need any help with this task!
Student Logged Time in Pathways
EXAMPLE: PW time of 1.92 Minutes=
The 1.92 translates to 1 hour and 55 minutes of system logged time. To translate the decimal part of the number, multiply it by 60. Here’s a good way to think of it:
- 1.92 means 1 hour + 0.92 of an hour
- Which is the same as 1 hour + 92% of an hour
- Or 1 hour + 92% of 60 minutes
- =1 hour + 55.2 minutes
- Rounded to the nearest minute = 1 hour 55 minutes
0.63 = 38 minutes
4.15 = 4 hours 9 minutes
0.02 = 1 minute
* remember to round it after multiplying because Pathways starts with the number of minutes, divides by 60, and rounds it to get the decimal number. So you’re just reversing the process to turn it back into minutes.
Content Resources can be found in SharePoint. We would love for you to contribute to the resources folder. Please feel free to upload your content resources to share with the team!
SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Shared Documents > Content Resources > Class Specific Resources
Testing Window and RTO DATES
End of Quarter:
No consecutive days off January 26th – February 5th
No consecutive days off April 13th – April 20th
No consecutive days off week prior to testing window open
No days off weeks of testing (April 27th-May 31st )
No consecutive days off week following testing window close
End of Year:
No consecutive days off June 17th – June 24th
Due Dates and Reminders
Feb 15th: Presidents Day
Feb. 18th: LP6 Begins (2/19/2016-3/17/2016)
Feb. 18th: Q3-C1 BTSP & i-Ready Due (New Students Only)
Feb. 22nd: Q3-C2 TSPs Due
Feb. 29th: Teacher Calendars Due
March 8-9th: In-Person Professional Development
March 17th: LP-7 Ends (3/18-4/21)
March: 21-25: Spring Break
March 31st: Teacher Calendars Due