Harmony DC Public Charter School
November 12, 2021 Weekly Parent Newsletter
Virtual Honor Roll Assembly
After School Programs
Are you looking for more activities for your scholar?
Do you want to give them the opportunity to learn how to play chess or coding?
If you said yes, we have after-school clubs and activities available for students.
Please see the list below:
Chess Club M. Turkay Thursday 4:00-4:30 3rd-5th Grade
Spelling Bee E. Barnes Tuesday 4:00-4:30 Dep on interest may separate through grades
Read Aloud A. Pendergrast Tuesday 4:15-4:45 Pre-K3, Pre-K4, Kindergarten
Theater S. Cummins Tuesday/Thursday 4:00-4:45 4th and 5th grade
STEM E. Culha Monday 4:00-4:45 3rd-5th Grade
Code Monkey S. Yazici Monday 4:00-4:45 1st-3rd Grade
Arts & Crafts A. Jones Friday 4:00-4:45 3rd-5th Grade
Arts & Crafts E. Turkay Thursday 4:00-4:45 4th-5th Grade
Please use this link to register for these after-school activities and clubs.
Before Care will be available from 7:30- 8:00 am. After Care will be available from 4:00- 6:00 pm.
Registration forms for aftercare are available in the main office.
Only students with completed registration forms will be able to attend aftercare.
*All students must be picked up no later than 6:00 pm or risk losing their child's spot.
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Harmony DC PCS PTO wants YOUR input! If you are interested in sharing your ideas or concerns, let us hear from you. You do NOT have to pay anything but we need your voices. We want to provide the kids with fun activities for them and the family to enjoy! We are looking for great learning and fun opportunities, and so much more that you may have some ideas about. Your voice and ideas can go so far! You do not have to come to meetings because we can communicate through different ways.
Our 1st meeting will be on Monday, 11/15/21 between 4:15 to 4:45 pm.
See you soon!
We will continue recognizing our students who are present and on time every day with a small celebration on the last day of the week.
Classes with the highest attendance rate will get a pizza party.
**Congratulations to 2nd grade for the highest attendance of week 10/25-10/29.
Please make sure your students are present and on time every day to qualify for the end-of-the-week attendance celebrations.
If your scholar is unable to report to school, please provide an excused note to Tgarris@harmonydc.org.
Random Covid Testing
**Harmony DC PCS will continue random Covid testing for students every Friday. Parents can opt out of testing using this form. For Spanish.
If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, please keep your child home:
1. Feeling feverish and/or having chills –documented temperature of 100.4°F or higher?
2. Has there been any use of fever reducing medication within the last 24 hours?
3. A new cough that is not due to another health condition?
4. Nasal congestion or runny nose?
5. New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that is not due to another health condition?
6. New chills that are not due to another health condition?
7. A new sore throat that is not due to another health condition?
8. New muscle aches that are not due to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
9. Fatigue (more tired than usual)?
11. A new loss of taste or smell?
12. Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting?
13. New onset of poor appetite or poor feeding?
14. Have you had a positive test for the virus that causes COVID-19 disease within the past 10 days?
15. Were you currently tested for COVID-19 because you were sick and are still waiting for the lab results?
16. In the past 14 days, have you had close contact (within about 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
Harmony DC PCS is committed to creating supportive learning environments where all students are able to thrive academically and socially. We also commit to listen and engage with families about what they need for this school year and chart a path for COVID-19 recovery. Harmony will continue to implement a system of layered protections to ensure we are able to safely offer in-person learning.