Summer 2016 Learning Opportunities
Opportunity #1: AISD Summer Institute Sessions
- K-12 Differentiated Lessons via the Canvas LMS
- K-12 Effectively Communicating Aligned Goals & Objectives via Classroom Website in Canvas
More information about the AISD Summer Institute can be found on the AISD Professional Learning website. Registration for these sessions will be available via Eduphoria Workshop beginning on Friday, May 26.
Opportunity #2: Take a Fully-Online Canvas Course!
CANVAS (SUMMER) CHALLENGE
- What: In this four-week challenge course, participants will be introduced to Canvas by building a lesson in their own course. Full completion of this course's assignments will result in 4 hours* of professional development credit (but is not eligible for 'exchange time'). More details can be found on the course syllabus.
- Who: Designed for teachers with little to no experience in Canvas who want to get a hands-on and guided walk-through experience with many of the most useful Canvas tools, all the while receiving feedback from the course instructor.
- When: Enrollment is capped at 30 participants. July 11 - August 5 (sign up here)
- Where: From your house, the beach, a log-cabin in the mountains . . . as long as you've got a computer and an Internet connection, you're good to go!
*Time calculated for a participant with average tech proficiency (for some participants, it may take more or less than 4 hours to complete the coursework)
Earn A Badge This Summer!
Opportunity #3: Self-Paced Tutorial Course
Opportunity #4: Summer Drop-in Office Hours!
Have questions about using Canvas? Feel free to drop by the PDC on the following dates for one-on-one consultation related to your use of the system. It's 'come and go' and not for CPE credit.
Monday, June 20, 8:30-11:30
Monday, June 27, 8:30-11:30
Monday, July 18, 8:30-11:30
- Monday, July 25, 8:30-11:30
- Monday, August 8, 8:30-11:30
Watch the Video Below to Learn About Brand New Blended Learning Templates!
Need Additional Assistance?
The most up-to-date 'how-to?' and support documentation will always be available on the Canvas Guides. Just perform a keyword search and you'll be able to drive your own learning about Canvas! Not sure where to begin? Why not start with the 'Getting Started with Canvas as an Instructor' guide?
Local help documentation and support resources (shown below) are available on the AISD Tech Help site.
To access the AISD resources, be sure to log into your AISD Google account.