Updates from Adams Central Elementary April 2021
- In-person instruction
- New traditions and activities
- Recess with peers!
- Overall growth on NWEA
We were definitely #BETTERTOGETHER
Again, I say thank you!
Elementary Secretary Changes
We are pleased to welcome, Mrs. Connie Geerken as the elementary secretary. You can reach Connie at 692-6629 or firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to stop in and introduce yourself!
DISMISSAL: REMINDERS AND CAR PICKUP BARCODES
If you have not completed a form and received a barcode for pickup, please contact your child's teacher and ask for a form to be sent home. Barcodes will carry over from year to year and only need to be changed when you get a new vehicle or when a change in pickup guardians is made. Parents/guardians will need to alert the office when changes need to be made.
We ask that elementary students are to be picked up in the elementary car line. However, if elementary students are being driven by HS siblings the elementary students will go to the cafeteria at dismissal and will need to be picked up by the HS sibling.
Thank you for helping us keep our students safe at dismissal.
COVID Guidance Remains the Same
IREAD and ILEARN
Parents, please watch for Individual Student Reports in the mail later this week. Reports will be mailed tomorrow, April 8.
Barring any unforeseen events, our ILEARN testing schedule for grades 3-5 will be as noted below. Please work to schedule all appointments outside of the April 20-May 14 window as students. All tests will take place first thing in the morning. Tests are untimed.
Testing is designed in two formats. The Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) is much like NWEA in which students choose an answer from a given set (multiple-choice, drop & drag, etc.). The Performance Task (PT) is an open-ended question and requires either a short answer or essay response from the student.
- Practice tests will be held on April 5, 6, and 8.
- Wednesday, April 21: Math (CAT) Grades 3-5
- Thursday, April 22: Math (PT) Grades 3-5
- Monday, April 26: ELA (CAT) Grades 3-5
- Wednesday, April 28 ELA (PT Session 1) Grades 3-5
- Thursday, April 29: ELA (PT Session 2) Grades 3-5
- Tuesday, May 4: Science (CAT) Grade 4
- Wednesday, May 5 Social Studies (CAT) Grade 5
- Thursday: May 6: Science (PT) Grade 4
Headphones are required for a portion of the ILEARN test. Although headphones are sent at the start of the year, please talk with your child to see if his/her pair is still in working order.
VIRTUAL LEARNERS are required to test in person for both IREAD and ILEARN. Parents of virtual students can expect a call from AC staff later this week regarding testing dates and times.
For IDOE guidance click here.
Please don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher or the office with questions regarding testing.
End of the Year Celebrations
- Pre-school graduation information will be sent home soon.
- 4th-grade will share their Indiana History knowledge at the 7:00 PM program on May 13.
- Exciting news! Fifth grade will be celebrating in a new way this year. In lieu of an evening program, our students will be celebrating together as a grade with an afternoon of fun including a picnic lunch, games, and other activities.
- Keep watching your student's classroom newsletters for more information.
Thursday, May 13: 4th Grade Indiana History Program, 7 PM, more info. to come
Friday, May 21: Last Day of School
*Fridays at AC Elementary are Jet Pride Fridays. Wear your AC colors or apparel.*