Holly Academy News & Views
June 9, 2021
Happy last day of the 20/21 school year! We did it! Now that the school year is behind us I am filled with pride for what our staff accomplished. We are the only public school in the area that offered five day per week in-person teaching and learning. While the year was extremely stressful, each staff member played their part in the tremendous feat we accomplished.
Along with your support we taught 620 students virtually, blended, and face-to-face. We always thank you for trusting HA; however, I never thought I would be thanking you for trusting us in a global pandemic! I am very hopeful that school will be back to normal next year. As of today, I don't know if masks will be required, but I will do my best to ensure that our "normal" programs are back in place for the 21/22 school year. Have a wonderful and remarkable summer! Power of the Pack!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patience with and perseverance through Husky Virtual Academy! Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Holly Academy had never ventured into the world of virtual learning. I know it was rocky at times, but together we made it through! I so appreciate you, your HVA students, and the HVA teachers and interventionists! Enjoy every moment this summer!
If you filled out the parent survey and marked that your family is interested in a virtual option next year, please contact Mrs. Potteiger by Wednesday, June 9th at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Potteiger and Ms. Kildee will be hosting a virtual town hall meeting for those families interested on June 29th at 9:00 am. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to those who have emailed Mrs. Potteiger.
Students of the Month for May/June
Back Row (L to R): Kazik Nabozny, Sophia Grant, Benson Mester, Maddison Tymofy, Mia June Printz
Front Row (L to R): Lyra Thibodeau, Luca Brancheau, Nathaniel Smith, Olivia Lawrence
Back Row (L to R): Alyssa Corby, Keira Chandler, Alexander Bertucci, Sarah Corby
Front Row (L to R): Haley Dugan, Melah Nofar, Charlotte Mester, Landan Phillips
Left Row (B to F): Wendy Thibodeau, Max Russell, Gwen Lobb
Right Row (B to F): Ella Bechtell, Abbi Sells, Chloe Ketchum
Front: Dominic DeVita
NP: Noah Vetter
From the Board of Directors
- June 14 - Session 1 summer school begins
- June 20 - Happy Father's Day
- July 4 - Happy 4th of July
- July 12 - Session 2 summer school begins
- August 2 - Session 3 summer school begins
- August 26 - Open House
- August 30 - First day of school for 1st - 8th grade
- August 31 - First day of school for Y5 -kindergarten
- All conference in cross country for four years
- All-Region honors in CC, 10, 11, 12
- State Championship qualifier in CC, 10, 11, 12
- Academic All-State in CC, 10, 11, 12
- CC team captain, 11, 12
- Academic All-State in Track, 10, 11
- National Honor Society
- Flint Metro League Math and Science competitor in pre-calculus, 10th grade
- AP Scholar Award Recipient, 11
- College Board National Recognition Program Rural/Small Town Honors, 11th grade
- Sam earned a weighted 4.189 GPA
Sam plans on attending Michigan Tech University, his goal is to earn a degree in Chemical Engineering.