Roots of Thought
By : Liam O'Brien
All About Benozzo Gozzoli (Biographical Information)
- When and where was he born: Benozzo Gozzoli was born in Florence, Italy in 1420
- Where did he spend most of his life: During the time he lived he spent most of his time in Florence, Italy and while he was there he spent most of his time painting.
- His education: was teaching himself and painting pictures of himself.
- His life/lifestyle: He was a very popular man and was always productive and most of the time painting.
- What types of painting did he create: He created painting mostly of himself and of people for example there is a piece called, The Procession of the Magi
- Who where his Patrons: The patrons of Benozzo Gozzoli are Pope Nichaolas V, The Medici, and the Commune of Pisa.
- I think that one of the isms that he shows is "humanism" and I think this because he paints pictures of people and is a very popular person.
- Another isms that I think he shows is skepticism because I think he doubts his art work.
All About This Painting
- The name of the piece: The Procession of the Magi http://library.artstor.org/library/#3|search|1|the20procession20of20the20magi|Multiple20Collection20Search|||type3D3126kw3Dthe20procession20of20the20magi26id3Dall26name3DAll20Collections
- When was the piece created: (1459-1462)
- Where may you see the painting: You may see the painting in Italy
- Describe the piece: The painting is a tall mountain and there is a whole bunch of people that are walking down the mountain from a big building or house.
- Why do you find the piece so interesting: I find the piece so interesting because it is nature like and there is a lot of people walking down the mountain.
- Why is the piece so significant: The piece is so significant because it is about Jesus Christ.
I think that this painting shows humanism because there are a lot of people and there are a lot of trees and nature like parts of the painting.