1st Grade Newsletter
Odds & Ends
- Permission slips came home on Thursday, February 2nd, for our field trip to the Coterie Theatre on April 12th. Please return the signed permission slip along with $1 for your child's ticket. I sent home an extra permission slip on Thursday, February 9th with students who had not turned one in yet. If you would like to chaperon this field trip, please let me know so that I can send home paperwork for a background check. Our class has tickets available for the first 3 parents who complete background checks and send $6 for their tickets. If we have more parents interested, we will have to contact the Coterie Theatre because they only have a limited number of tickets available for each show.
- Students can decorate a shoe box or bag to bring to school to put cards in on Valentine's Day. I have some extra shoe boxes if your child needs one to take home and decorate! I'm including a link to a list of students in our class for valentines. Please address valentines at home prior to the school day on February 14th.
- Don't forget about our Pennies for Patients campaign! This is a great opportunity for students to help raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! The class who donates the most will get a pasta party sponsored by Olive Garden!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
1st & 2nd Grade Musical!
Thursday, Feb. 23rd, 6:30pm
200 Northwest Ward Road
Lee's Summit, MO
February 1-28: Pennies for Patients Campaign!February 6-13: Daily Major Saver collections
February 13: Art
- Last day to turn in Major Saver
February 14: PE - Wear tennis shoes!
- Valentine's Day party from 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Library Day - Return books!
February 16: Art
- Makerspace 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
February 17: No specials
- Students who donate a quarter to Pennies for Patients can have dress in apparel from their favorite sports team or wear sweats to school!
- Early release day!
Please continue reading at home daily and practicing sight words if your child is still working on them!
Q3 List 6
- Why did you yell at my cat?
- I see your dog by the green rug.
Students can take a practice spelling test or play games with their words for the week online at our Spelling City site. The sentences cannot be practiced on Spelling City.