iPads and IEPs!
Two good things come together... to improve student outcomes...
Paul Butler, an experienced middle school special educator introduces the iPad as a tool for engagement, learning activities, and assessment for students with educational disabilities.
He will review basic use of the iPad, and show the audience key applications that have successfully engaged students, shown teachers when achievement goals are met, and helped students track their own progress.
Individual Education Plans supported by iPad Applications
Saturday, Dec. 7th 2013 at 8:30-11:30am
29 Commerce Drive
8:00 am: Check-in and orientation for new iPad users
8:30 am: Welcome and Introductions
9:00 am: Navigating the iPad—Keyboard, search options, Safari, settings, accessibility,
camera, screen shots, brightness, sounds and more...
9:45 am: Break
10:00 -11:30 am:
- Video—iPad inspirational story;
- Exploring apps;
- How to find apps—Lists on the web, app store, etc;
- Apps to help different types of students optimize use of the iPad; and
- Gathering and tracking data.
Participants will be able to:
- Navigate the iPad and the app store more effectively to plan intervention for students;
- Use the app store and the web to find appropriate apps for student learning;
- Develop a specific plan for students who would benefit from using the iPad;
- Learn how to connect IEP/learning goals to iPad apps;
- Set up the iPad for efficient use; and
- Gather data to document progress.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE A SEAT!
Click here: to reserve a seat, or to register, or pay
If paying by check, make check payable to "SERESC".
Mail check to "SERESC - AM", 29 Commerce Drive, Bedford, NH, 03110.
Please include a copy of your online Registration Statement.
If paying by Purchase Order, copy of signed Purchase Order must be received 7 days prior to the event. Kindly fax Purchase Order to 603-206-6897, attention: Sabrina Aikens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Payment must be received before attendance, including those generated by Purchase Order.
No refunds will be given for requests received after 7 days before the event, or for "no shows".
We do accept substitution of another person at our conference. 24 hours of notification is appreciated.
All received registrations, whether by Purchase Order, Online Registration, Fax or Mail, are subject to Cancellation/Refund policy. Cost of registration fee is still liable whether payment is paid or unpaid, if no notice of cancellation is received at least 7 days prior to the event.
If minimum requirement enrollment is not met prior to the early registration deadline, the event may be postponed or canceled.