HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Our Early-Childhood friends had fun with the HFD Puppet Show on Tuesday. The main points of Fire Safety are:
1. If your clothes are on fire . . Quickly STOP . . DROP . . and ROLL! (Keep rolling)
2. Smoke rises and leaves a small amount of space near the floor, the smoke can also be very hot. If you need to check the door to see if it is hot, use the back of your hand (not palm). If it is hot, go the other way.
3. If the fire is near you (in your house, etc) drop to the floor and crawl to an exit point.
4. Plan and practice going to a "Meeting Spot" (a big tree across the street, etc). Get there and stay. NEVER go back inside the house!
5. If you are trapped in an upstairs room and the firemen are down below, throw your athletic shoes out of the window, at their fire helmets, one shoe at a time. It will get their attention and they will know that you are inside and need help to get down, (It may be too loud for them to hear you.).
6. Have a Safety Plan for pets.
7. Never play with matches. Always give found matches or lighters to any grownup.
Disney's "Fire Safety" with Pumbaa and Timon
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Communications
4330 East West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814
1. MiWorld Accessories Recalls Plug-in Wall Chargers for iPhones Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Charlotte Russe Stores