- February 5th- Junior vs. Senior Kickball at 2:30 pm
- February 6th-ACT Test
- February 9th- Progress Reports for 3rd 9 weeks
- February 15th- Presidents Day (No School)
- February 26th- Parent and Student Survey Window Closes
Florida Parent Survey
We want your feedback! Please follow the link below to complete our survey. The 5Essentials Survey is a research-based school improvement system that defines, measures, and utilizes the most important organizational conditions, including aspects of a school’s culture and climate, to improve student outcomes. The survey window will close on Feb. 26, 2021.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Essay Contest - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
With Black History Month approaching, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are asking students what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech means to them. The team’s essay contest will reward the winning students with free tickets for their entire class to attend a Jumbo Shrimp regular season game at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.
All entries should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 19 to email@example.com, and must include the student’s name, age, grade and school. Following the submission process, each category will have their respective winners notified by email and announced on Friday, February 26. For any questions, please contact Director of Community Relations Andrea Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Young Leaders for Youth Preparedness Council
FEMA is recruiting young leaders for our national Youth Preparedness Council (YPC)! Students in 8th through 11th grade from communities across the Southeast may now apply for FEMA’s national YPC. The Council provides an opportunity for young leaders to share their perspectives, feedback and opinions related to disaster preparedness with FEMA and grow their leadership skills.
Interested teens may apply online at community.fema.gov/ApplytoYPC. All applications and supporting materials must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST, on March 7.
For any questions, contact Lisa Janak Newman, 404-490-3516 or Lisa.Janak-Newman@associates.fema.dhs.gov
Senior Scholarship Opportuniy
The Federal Programs Department is thrilled to share this wonderful opportunity for graduating high school seniors planning to further their education. Attached to bottom on the newsletter you will find the application for the Vivian Scott Scholarship Application and Routing Form. The scholarship is awarded each year to two recipients in each of the five FASFEPA regions. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must be a senior who is on track to graduate in May/June of 2021;
- Eligible under current USDA guidelines as free or reduced-priced meals or Approved CEP Direct Certification for free or reduced lunch;
- Provide a publishable picture with the application to be used in an announcement and on the FASFEPA webpage
Completed application packets are to be returned to our department no later than March 08, 2021. Application packets can be submitted to our department via email at email@example.com.
The scholarship award amount is $1,500 per recipient.
You may read more about the scholarship by visiting the FASFEPA web site using this link:
National Science Honor Society
Class of 2021 Senior Meeting
ACT and SAT Registration Deadlines
ACT Assessment: March 12th Test/Registration Deadline April 17th
SAT Assessment: February 12th Test/Registration Deadline March 13th
PMA 3 District Testing
Feb 22-24-9th and 10th Reading
March 1-US History & Biology
National Signing Day
Stingray Nation Friendly Reminders
New Tardy Policy for Second Semester
· 1st LTS or Tardy written and verbal warning
· 2nd LTS or Tardy written and verbal warning
· 3rd LTS or Tardy student tardy contract
· 4th LTS or Tardy parent email/phone contact
· 5th LTS or Tardy discipline referral/1 Day ISSP
· 6th LTS or Tardy discipline referral/2 Day ISSP
parking privileges revoked
· 7th LTS or Tardy discipline referral/3 Days ISSP
· 8th LTS or Tardy referral to SOS & required parent
meeting to return to school
ACHS Business Partners
Harrell & Harrell
Miller's Ale House
Ponte Vedra Golf Carts
Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute
Davey Tree Expert