Indian tour : Learn about India now!
Alexandra the Great of Macedon crosses the Indus River into India.
Gupta Empire ruled India after centuries of being split into small kingdoms and republics.
Emperor Shah Jahan begins construction on the Taj Mahal
in memory of his wife Mumtaz.
The British people takes control of India.
India gains independence from the British people.
Indira Gandhi becomes prime minister of India.
Mahatma was born and raised in a Hindu family in Western India. In 1921, Gandhi led nationwide campaigns for expanding women rights.He was in prison for many occasions in South America and India.Mahatma attempted nonviolence and truth. Sadly,Mahatma Gandhi was killed on January 30,1948.On October 2nd is a national holiday for the indians.
This picture that you see at the bottom is an important place.This is monument for Mumtaz.Mumtaz is Shah Jahan's wife.Shah Jahan built it in memory of Mumtaz.He began his construction in 1638.This place is often a tourist attraction.this place is called Taj Mahal, it is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Hope you and I and visit it together one day!
Gandhi M. Official
Hello, my name is Mahatma Gandhi!
Fun facts about india
- India is a South Asian country
- India has 29 states and 7 territories
- With 1.2 billion people, India is the second most populated country in the world
- The biggest river in India is the Indus River
- The biggest mountain range in India is the Himalayas
- The official language in India is Hindi and English
- The capital of India is New Delhi
- Mahatma Gandhi is known as the Father of Nation in India
- Chess was invented in India
- India was a very rich country until the British invasion
What type of government/economy does India have?
India has a Mixed Economy