August 14, 2017
Thank you for a great first week of school. It was truly awesome to have all of our students and staff back in the building.
I appreciate all that you are doing to establish a positive classroom environment in which our students can learn. It was fantastic to see all of the class-building and team-building activities that were occurring. I was really impressed with the variety of activities that I saw, ranging from creative icebreakers to circles to cooperative learning structures.
As you know, relationships are what make this a really good school. Thank you for continuing to put time into building them. I know that they will pay off in the end.
Have a great rest of the week!
FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL
WELCOME NEW STAFF
- Welcome Lisa Davis who will be joining Marlene in our attendance office. Lisa has many years of experience working in schools. We are so happy to have her join our awesome office staff.
- Congratulations to Kayliani S. from the band on performing in Newsies at the Muny.
- Congratulations to Dominic Schneider who has been selected as a member of the All-National Honor Ensembles Concert Band, Tuba.
- Congratulations to Mr. Matt Riffee on delivering the District Teacher of the Year speech at the District Kickoff.
- Congratulations to Dominic Schneider on being selected to the US Army All-American Marching Band.
- Congratulations to Samantha Carey for being selected to represent the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri as a board member.
- FHN had a great first week of school.
- The 27th Annual Black and Gold Day was a huge success. Thank you to all of our staff, students and parent who made this awesome event happen.
Please remind students about our "No More Than Four" slogan for attendance. As long as students miss 4 days or less per quarter, they will achieve 90% attendance.
At this time we have less than 10 staff members who have agreed to be Attendance Allies this year. As we begin to create the list of students struggling with attendance, we will need caring adults who can mentor them. Thanks for considering.
Thank you again for your visibility in the hallways last week. A reminder we will begin counting tardies on Monday. Please mark any tardies in Infinite Campus.
The first Behavior Team Meeting will be on August 29 at 2:30 in Room 5/8.