Natalie Teran and Andrew Morris
A plant represents biotic because it is a living aspect of the environment.
The sun is abiotic because it is a nonliving aspect of the environment.
Plants are autotrophs because they are able to make their own food.
Humans are heterotrophs because they consume other organisms and are omnivores.
Predator and Prey Relationship
Senior vs. freshman
The senior is a representation of a predator and the freshman as the prey because the prey is younger and more vulnerable.
Mutualism, Commensalism, Parasitism
Commensalism-one benefits one neutral
Parasitism-one benefits one does not
Both are happy representing both benefiting
One is happy and one is neither happy nor sad representing a neutral affect on the organisms
One is happy and one is sad representing no benefit for one organism
Ways carbon enters atmosphere:
- Respiration from plants and animals
- Decay and recycle of plant and animal matter
- Burning of biofuels and fossil fuels
- Production of cement-carbon is released when limestone is heated
- Photosynthesis-plants use the CO2