LHISD Board Briefs
Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
April Board Meeting held 4/19
Student Panther Champions of the Month:
- Liberty Hill Elementary - Ethan Primrose
- Bill Burden Elementary - Lochlan Martens
- Rancho Sienna Elementary - Peyton Brown
- Santa Rita Elementary - Alesia Kreka
- Liberty Hill Intermediate - Andi Randall
- Liberty Hill Junior High - Aubrey Hughes
- Liberty Hill High School - Taylor Sims
Teacher Panther Champion of the Month:
- Teacher of the Month - Ryne Foster - Liberty Hill Intermediate
- Staff Member of the Month - Cathy Kieschnick - Santa Rita Elementary
UIL State - HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) Coaches: Mrs. Riddick and Mrs. Klinksiek
- Pharmacy Science: McKenzie Garner & Hira Umer
UIL State - VASE - Visual Arts Scholastic Event Coach: Ms. Barnes
- Greta Coker & Zack Sellers
FFA/4H - Animal Science Program Advisor: Ms. McCullough
- Horse Judging Contest: Caitlynn O'Dell & Aislin McStay
UIL State - Women's Powerlifting Coaches Acevedo & Hall
- Charlie Harris & Taylor Sims
- Enrollment. The current enrollment is 5,774.
- Financial Report. This report includes updates on tax collection, investments, expenditures, amendments, and bond status.
- Approval of the Certification that LHISD has instructional materials covering all elements of the essential knowledge and skills of the required curriculum, other than physical education, for each grade level as required in the Texas Education Code, Section 28.002.
- Approval of the Santa Rita Middle School Library Collection.
- Approval of the updated EIA (LOCAL) Policy. This allows all elementary schools to move to 9-week grading periods.
- Mr. Olivier presented on contracting with Intech Southwest for the purchase and installation of wireless access points, uninterrupted power supply units, and related accessories. The board approved this purchase.
- The board approved the purchase of 500 student laptops for Liberty Hill High School student use.
- The board approved the purchase of new furniture for Liberty Hill High School's additional classrooms and the Cafeteria.
- The board approved an Underwriting Services Pool to assist with the sale of bonds for the upcoming May 1 bond election.
- The board approved the adoption of the Savvas Three Cheers Teacher Resource Kits and classroom materials for the 2021 Pre-K Proclamation.
- Board of Trustees renewed professional/teacher contracts and approved new hires as presented.
- With the projected increase of over 1,000 new students to Liberty Hill ISD for the 2021-2022 school year, it is anticipated that our number of students served by our Student Support Services and other special programs will also increase accordingly. The board approved the following new positions: 1 Independent Learning Skills (ILS) Teacher for Louine Noble Elementary, 1 Solid Roots (Behavior) Teacher for Louine Noble Elementary, 1 Functional Social Communications (FSC) Teacher for Santa Rita Elementary, 1 Resource Teacher for Santa Rita Elementary, 1 Resource Teacher for Liberty Hill High School, 1 Dyslexia Teacher for Louine Noble Elementary, 1 ESL Teacher for Noble Elementary, 1 Gifted and Talented Teacher, 1 ARD/504 Facilitator, 4 Additional Special Education Paraprofessionals, 1 Conversational Spanish Teacher for Louine Noble Elementary, 1 Assistant Band Director for LHHS.
- Due to the addition of Santa Rita Middle School and expansion of the High School, the following auxiliary positions were approved: 10 additional custodians which includes a lead custodian for Santa Rita Middle School, 2 HVAC Technicians, 3 Groundskeepers.
- Additional routes will be added to serve the increased demands for student transportation in 2021. The Board approved 5 additional drivers.
David Nix Recognized for 13 years of service to LHISD
Thank you for everything you have done for LHISD and the hundreds of hours you spent promoting excellence in all areas of LHISD.
-Steve Snell, Superintendent
April Panther Champions of the Month
Liberty Hill High School
Teacher of the Month
Ryne Foster, Liberty Hill Intermediate
Staff Member of the Month
Cathy Kieschnick, Santa Rita Elementary