The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- Please do not pass in the car rider line. This is not safe for our students or parents. Please make sure your child exits out of the passenger side so that they do not have to cross in front of cars.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:30. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
Important Dates to Note
- March 8th-PTO Meeting at 4:00
- March 14th- End of 3rd 9 Weeks
- March 21st-25th-Spring Break
Parent Information Updates
Arisa Health_Parenting Ed Sessions 2022.docx
Parenting Education for School Families Zoom Trainings 2nd Tuesdays 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. *Recorded Pre-register to receive a link to join live and/or to receive a recording and materials. Tuesday, February 8th: Co-Parenting with Partners Skills for communicating effectively to maintain...
Mrs. Page's Counselor Corner
It is GUIDE for Life Week! What is the GUIDE for Life? The G.U.I.D.E. for Life program, with the support of Arkansas counselors and educators, is designed to give K-12 students a plan – a five-step process – that they can follow to achieve personal success. Each principle is summarized in easy-to-understand key words, with three action points to explain the idea.
GUIDE stands for G-Growth (manage yourself) U- Understanding (know yourself) I-Interaction (build relationships) D- Decision Making (make responsible choices) E-Empathy (be aware of others).
Mrs. Page plans her weekly lessons using the GUIDE for LIfe. This week, we will be celebrating this curriculum and bringing special attention to what this curriculum stands for and the why behind each letter that represents the GUIDE.
For more information on the GUIDE for Life: https://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/Offices/learning-services/guide-for-life
If you have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to contact her. email@example.com or 501-679-1029 ext 3.
Peek at the Week
We have celebrated being unique this week and ended the week with out first school wide Spirit Day event!
Notes from Nurse Gina
RISE up Greenbrier!
RISE Newsletter for March
Check out the RISE reading challenge for the month of March-“National Reading Month.” Participate in daily activities with your family and become a Reading Rockstar!
Share pictures of you participating to your teacher to be highlighted on our Facebook page! If you come to school with a completed challenge board at the end of March you will get a prize!
Be Character Strong at Home!
District Point of Contact
You can find information about our district COVID plans here.
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke