ConVal School Nurse Newsletter
Common expected side effects of the COVID vaccine include:
- pain/redness/swelling at site of shot
- muscle pain
The following are possible signs of illness, and are NOT expected side effects from the COVID vaccine:
- shortness of breath
- sore throat, runny/stuffy nose
- change in smell/taste
IF YOUR CHILD HAS RECEIVED THE COVID VACCINE AND IS EXPERIENCING EXPECTED SIDE EFFECTS, then they should stay home but may return once symptoms subside. If symptoms persist more than 24-48 hours, and/or other signs of illness develop, then the student should isolate and follow up with a health care provider for further guidance.
COVID MASK UPDATE
- Masks will not be required on the field of play as it relates to athletics. When teams travel to other Districts for competition, all athletes and staff will follow the guidelines of the hosting fields related to masking. When teams participate in NHIAA-related playoff tournaments, all athletes and staff will follow the guidelines of the tournament related to masking.
- The use of masks outdoors will be limited to occasions when physical distancing (3 feet) cannot be maintained.
- The use of masks indoors and on buses will continue as it outlined in the Reopening Plan.
- Large outdoor events such as graduation, prom, end of the year performances, and award ceremonies that may present challenges with physical distancing will continue to require the use of masks.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and efforts to keep our district safe.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF INCOMING 7th GRADERS:
Please remember to apply sunscreen and/or bugspray at home in the morning so that your student can enjoy their time outside!
This short video from the CDC gives some helpful information about sun safety:
ConVal District Nurses
Judi Bernardi, RN and Gretchen Shippee, RN
ConVal High School
Tel: 924-3869 Fax: 924-0046
Linda Compton, RN Great Brook School
Tel: 588-6630 Fax: 588-3207
Tricia Harris, RN South Meadow School
Tel: 924-7105 Fax: 924-2064
Vicki Mellon, RN Antrim Elementary
Tel: 588-6371 Fax: 588-6972
Sherree Hodgson, RN Pierce Elementary
Tel: 588-2131 Fax: 588-3802
Mitzi Turgeon, RN Dublin Consolidated
Tel: 563-8332 Fax: 563-3465
Sherree Hodgson, RN Francestown Elementary
Tel: 547-2976 Fax: 547-2636
Alaina Slocomb, RN Greenfield Elementary
Tel: 547-3334 Fax: 547-2647
Tel: 525-3303 Fax: 525-3864
Pam Murphy, RN Peterborough Elementary
Tel: 924-3828 Fax: 924-4193
Mitzi Turgeon, RN Temple Elementary
Tel: 878-1955 Fax: 878-2506