Crimson Point Elementary School
Things to Know for 2022-2023
Welcome Back Wildcat Community!
I hope you have had an amazing summer full of camping trips, swimming, BBQs, family, and friends. Every August I start to get so excited; excited to see what a new year can bring, and more than anything, I am excited to see our students back in the building. Thursday morning you should be able to log into Power School and see who your student's teacher is. I know their teacher is excited to meet them at our back-to-school night on August 23rd from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. For the purpose of balancing classes, all class rosters are final. Parent requests are available every year in April.
A very important announcement this year: School breakfast and school lunch will no longer be free. These free breakfast/lunch programs have unfortunately come to an end. Some great news however, is that no student has a negative balance and everyone will have a fresh start. If you did have money in your school account, it should still be there. You can access school lunch accounts, see the updated pricing and make deposits here. You can still receive free/reduced lunch if your family qualifies. The district will be sending out more information. One of our nutrition specialists will be available at our back-to-school night as well to answer any questions.
This year I have a personal challenge for you, the families. I challenge you to be here in our building and become a part of this amazing community that we have built! You can volunteer and teach small groups, make copies, join your student for lunch, or even just come read with kids one day a week. Trust me when I say you will never regret spending more of these years helping out and being involved in our amazing school. Please just make sure you have filled the volunteer application before coming in.
With that being said, why not also join PTA this year? This group only has five members right now, and they have been really making a positive impact here at CP. Send an email to email@example.com and see how you can get involved.
This is OUR year! I can’t wait to get out front to greet all of our students as they return to school!
Crimson Point Elementary
Tuesday, Aug. 23rd, 4-6pm
1941 North Shayla Avenue
- Meet your teacher
- Visit the school
- Drop off Supplies
- Complete Registration Paperwork
- Join PTA!
What will my child's day consist of:
- School hours: 8:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
- Students can arrive at 8:30 a.m.
Instructional minutes/ Breakdown of students' day:
(order varies by grade/ class)
- Morning meeting: 20 min
- Reading/Foundational Skills ( 60 min.)
- Writing (25-30 min.)
- Reading Differentiation (30 min.)
- Math (60 min.)
- Math Differentiation (30 min.)
- Science/ Social Studies: (30 min.)
- K-2 Extra Recess (15 min.)
- Specials (40min.) Library, Music, and P.E. One a day on a rotating schedule.
- NEW - Keyboarding for 3rd-5th grade weekly!
- Lunch/ Recess (35 min.). 15 min lunch/ 20 min. recess (Students will always have more than 15 minutes to eat if needed)
Walk to School Fridays Continues!!! Starting Friday, September 2nd!!
Crimson Point Pick-up and Drop- Off's
Supervision will not be outside until 8:30 a.m. Please do not drop off before 8:30 a.m.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, August 18: Elementary students can see teacher names in PowerSchool
- Tuesday, August 23: Open House from 4:00 - 6:00
- Thursday, August 25: First Day of School
- Wednesday, August 31: Reminder that every Wednesday is early release at 1:35
- Monday, September 5: No School - Labor Day