The Home Stretch
June 7, 2018
* COMING UP *
- All students attending the prom must attend school until 10:50 a.m.
- Seniors that are 18 years of age or older need to have completed the 18-Year-Old Sign-Out Form by June 5th.
- Seniors under the age of 18 must submit a parent note giving permission to sign out at 10:50 a.m. All parent notes will be verified.
- Underclassmen attending the prom must follow standard sign-out procedures. A parent must come into the main office to sign out as outlined in the Student Handbook (pages 28-29). Parent notes/calls will not be accepted.
The menu will feature burgers, hot dogs, chicken, macaroni salad, baked beans, watermelon, and ice pops. DJ Wells will be spinning music, and a dunk tank will be on the scene! Pay $1.00 and see if you can dunk Mr. Krajunus, Ms. Palombo, Ms. Richey, Mr. Tees, or a special guest administrator!
Sponsored by Red & White and Student Council
Yearbook Distribution for Seniors
On June 12th during 8th period, seniors will attend Yearbook Distribution on the turf. During this time, seniors will have time to sign books, play games, listen to a DJ, and receive their senior gift. Seniors who purchased a yearbook will be able to pick it up at this time.
Extras will be sold during distribution (first come, first served) for $115 each by cash or cashier's check only. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, ask a yearbook staff member, or contact Herff Jones at 866-287-3096.
Graduation Rehearsals / Tickets
- Tuesday, June 19th, 12:35 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - All graduating seniors must report to the auditorium by 12:35 p.m. Pizza will be provided at the beginning of practice.
- Wednesday, June 20th, 8:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Seniors will be called down to the auditorium at 8:00 a.m.
- All tickets will be distributed at graduation rehearsal on June 19th.
- Visit the following link to request tickets: https://goo.gl/forms/AQeCrY1AQkJGzIbk2. The link will close on Wednesday, June 13th.
The 2018 Graduation Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 20th at 3:00 p.m. at the CURE Insurance Arena (formerly Sun National Bank Center), 81 Hamilton Avenue, Trenton, NJ.
Graduates must report to the arena by 2:00 p.m. and assemble in the holding area in the back of the arena. Students must dress in appropriate business attire (collared shirt, tie, and slacks for graduating men, and a dress or nice slacks for graduating women). Sneakers, flip-flops, and shorts are not permitted.
Seniors, sign up now for your opportunity to be together with the class of 2018 for one last time at Project Graduation on June 20th! Project Graduation, our tradition for nearly 30 years, is the all-night party held at the high school for all seniors on graduation night. Some of the fun activities include:
Casino games * Caricaturist * Massage therapist * Photo booth * Giant inflatable games * Sports * DJ/dancing * Hypnotist * And of course, lots and lots of food!
Sign up slips will be distributed at the Senior Breakfast on Friday, June 8th.
Different than in past years, seniors will not be able to bring underclassmen as guests. Since the official last day of school is not June 20th and underclassmen are required to attend school the following day, school administration has decided it would create an unfair expectation for underclassmen to participate in the all-night event and then require them to be in school a few hours later. Thank you for your understanding.
Last Days of School
School is in session on Thursday, June 21st and Friday, June 22nd (last day of school).
- Wednesday, June 20th - Modified A Day (Early Release)
- Thursday, June 21st - Modified Block Schedule - Periods 5, 6, 7, 8 (Early Release)
- Friday, June 22nd - Modified Block Schedule - Periods 1, 2, 3, 4 (Early Release)
* BRAG BAG *
NHD Club Members Advance
Beginning on Sunday, June 10th, seven students representing LMS and LHS will compete in the annual National History Day competition held on the University of Maryland campus in College Park, MD. This year’s theme is “Conflict and Compromise in History.”
Catie Lillja is a National Qualifier from LMS for her Junior Individual Exhibit: “The Rise of the Tigress: Conflict, Compromise, and Coeducation at Princeton University.” Catie also received the New Jersey Historical Commission’s award for the best New Jersey topic presented at the NJ State History Day competition on May 5th.
LHS students swept the Senior Division’s Group Performance category as they captured the only two slots for national competition! Yulia Gu, Jordan Pelovitz, Ayla Rios, and Madeline Weeks advanced with their Senior Group Performance: “Fighting from Factories: Female Workers Shape America during World War II,” while Jean Steele and Gill Woody moved on with their performance, "Evolution or ‘Evil-lution’: The Scopes Trial Investigates Fundamentalism vs. Modern Science.”
Adithi Ponakampalli and Miduna Rishindran's exhibit entry from LMS (Junior Group Exhibit: “The Paterson Silk Strike: Conflicting Roles and a Compromised Labor Union”) was selected as the Alternate Winner and will attend the national competition if one of the qualifying exhibit entries cannot attend.
In addition, the following students presented strong projects in the Junior Division’s Group Documentary category and both the Junior and Senior Division categories of Individual Exhibit and Group Exhibit: Anusha Aggarwal; Andrew Sam; Anis Chihoub; Rhea Pathak; Isabelle Rybinski; Andrew Sam; Cassidy Stoneback; Eliza Wirkijowski (LHS); Arnav Aggarwal; Paraj Goyal; Jack Granahan; Elias Johnson; Chaiyo Kosinski; Akash Kura; Aaron Ladinsky; and Nandini Swami (LMS).
National History Day (www.nhd.org) is an academic research competition that begins on a Regional level in March, advances to a State level in May, and culminates in a national event in June at the University of Maryland. Students create websites, exhibits, documentaries, performances or papers on the topic of their choice that supports an annual theme. LMS is participating in the competition for the sixth year; this is the third year for LHS. Anusha Aggarwal and Cassidy Stoneback formed LHS's National History Day club in 2016.
* June Lunch Menu *
* JUNE ROTATION CALENDAR *
* JUNE SAVE-THE-DATES *
Thursday, June 7th
- Sports Dinner (6:00 p.m.)
Friday, June 8th
- Senior Prom at The Merion
Wednesday, June 13th
- BOE Meeting (6:30 p.m.)
Thursday, June 14th
- School Picnic
Wednesday, June 20th
- LHS Graduation Ceremony at CURE Insurance Arena (3:00 p.m.)
Thursday, June 21st
- School in Session (Early Dismissal)
Friday, June 22nd
- Last Day of School (Early Dismissal)