Curriculum & Instruction
Professional Development Requirements
Registration in eduphoria
If you’d like to register and do not have your eduphoria account yet, please call 817-299-4380 for assistance.
New To the District MTOP
MTOP training for teachers new to the Mansfield school district.
When: August 1-4, 2017
Where: The Center for Performing Arts
1110 W Debbie Lane
Mansfield, TX 76063
Sheltered Instruction Training
Sheltered Instruction training is required by law. If you teach ELL students, you will need two days of Sheltered Instruction.
Day #1 SI has to be completed before October snapshot with follow up (day 2) afterwards.
Advanced Academics Information:
Those who must have 6 clock hours annually in professional development focused on gifted and talented education.
- Administrators with decision-making authority over the G/T program
Those who must have 30 hours initial training and 6 hour annual update (Jan-Dec) staff development focused on gifted and talented education.
Teachers who are assigned classes that are considered services for the gifted:
- Kindergarten teachers
- GT Cluster teachers 1st-4th
- Pre-AP Teachers with the G/T clusters 5th -8th
- Pre-AP, Advanced Placement Teachers 9-12
- Music teachers K-12th
- Visual Arts 5th-12th Electives that are designed to service to gifted students
- ESL Lead Teachers (Required by their job description)
(Pre-AP/AP Teachers must attend a College Board four-day institute every four years.)
Please see your Campus G/T Specialist to fulfill this state requirement which must be completed by the end of the 1st semester each year.