Glenview Library Letter
December 7, 2015
- If you would like more exposure for your Donor's Choose (or other crowd-funding) project, please send me the link. I can include the link on the Library's Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter pages.
- Playaways (audiobooks) and the corresponding book are available for teachers to check out and use in listening centers. We have many great options, from picture books to chapter books.
- AR Word Count Reports will be in your boxes. Students have until the end of next week to earn a spot in a Word Club, or move up to a new Word Club level!
- Check out count reports will be in your boxes as well. The Library's goal is for all kindergartners to always have one book checked out, and for all 1st through 4th grade students to always have two library books that they are reading. Students should be visiting the library a minimum of once a week, but preferably more often if they are reading short picture books.
Hour of Code
This week and next we are celebrating the Hour of Code! Please see the separate S'More Newsletter with more information. There are still open spots on the Library schedule for this week and next if you would like to bring your class in for a coding lesson. We have resources appropriate for students in K-4. Or, check out one of the iPad carts and try one of the coding apps we have (Tynker, Scratch Jr., or Kodable).
Important Upcoming Dates
Monday, December 14: PreK, K, 1
Tuesday, December 15: 2, 3, 4
Wednesday, December 16: Teacher books due
Winter Book Give Away
- more information coming soon
Library Website and Schedule
Library website: glenviewlibrary.weebly.com
- Go to the library's website.
- Click on Calendar and Schedules.
- If you click on the small "+Google Calendar" icon on the bottom right of any calendar, it will take you to an easy to read full page version.