Farmington View eNews
May 9, 2016
8:45-10:45 4th grade (Ms. Zekmeister) to Jackson Bottom
2:15-3:00 Kickball Club
Tuesday, May 10
8:30-10:45 3/4 (Mrs. Harris) to Jackson Bottom
2:15-3:15 Junior Scientist Club
2:15-3:45 Academic Club
Wednesday, May 11
8:45-12:00 6th grade (Mrs. Rinck) to Jackson Bottom
1:35 Early Release
Thursday, May 12
8:45-12:00 5/6 (Mrs. Fleming) to Jackson Bottom
2:05-3:45 Running Club
2:05-3:45 Academic Club
Friday, May 13
8:30-1:45 1 & 1/2 Field Trip to Children's Museum
9:30-10:30 K-3 Pedro's Path to Power Activity at FV
2:15-3:45 Garden Club
2:15-3:45 Vex Robotics
Farmington View is in 1st Place!
Farmington View Information
- Attendance: A reminder that good school attendance is 95% or better. That's missing less than 8 days for the school year. Here is our current attendance data.
>95% =192 or 65.1%
90%-95% = 87 or 29.5%
<90% = 16 or 5.4% (Same as last week)
- We are currently under our goal of have less than 7.5% of our students being chronically absent this year. Thank you to all of our students/families who are only staying home when ill.
- State Testing: State testing is going very well. Students are giving their best effort and we've reduced the amount of time we've spent testing. Several classes will complete English Language Arts this week and some will be starting Math.
- Jackson Bottom Field Trips: We are finishing our Jackson Bottom field trips this week. Please make sure your child wears appropriate clothing/shoes for the day.
- Staff Appreciation Week: Sometimes words don't do justice to a feeling one has. A great example is last weeks staff appreciation and luncheon. Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped out on Tuesday to allow our staff to spend an hour together. What a gift! Also, thank you to the many parents who kept our lunchroom full of goodies all week. The love you showered on us was amazing. Thank you from all of your Farmington View staff!
Bobcat Booster & Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) Information
Memory Book: We are into the final month of ordering memory books at the price of $17. After Friday June 3the price will go up to $20. There are order forms in the office and online. Remember you can purchase them online as well. You can go to
ybpay.lifetouch.com to purchase one onlinewith a credit card. If you would like to sponsor a page you must use the order form in the office or through the eNews. If you have pictures you would like to submit please go to the following
Web site: http://community.lifetouch.com/
- “New User”
- Enter Code:
- Create a new account (if you signed up last year use the same account information)
- Verify account from email sent after creating an account
- Log in
- Upload button (blue rectangle)
- Select your pictures (only five pictures can be uploaded at a time)
- Upload button
- Select Category
- Select the file folder name then upload your pictures
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have more than 5 pictures to submit please contact us and we can clear out the photos so you can reload more.
- Box Tops: Please turn in any Box Tops and Labels for Education before the end of May. We have earned almost $700 of our $1,000 yearly goal! The class who turns in the most labels will win a Popcorn Party - Thank you for your support!
- Jog-a-Thon: Parent packets have been sent home about the 2016 Jogathon! The Jogathon will take place outside throughout the entire day at Farmington View on May 17th. Rain or shine! Come cheer the joggers on or join in the fun. Please remember to have all donations returned by 5/24/16. If you’d like to donate online, go to https://fvpae.ejoinme.org/jogathon2016 and select the child's class you are sponsoring in the Class Directory. Don’t forget to spread the word to family and friends via text, email and social media!
- 2016 Farmington View Auction: It's time to start the preparations for the 2016 (next fall) Farmington View Auction. Co-chairs Kayla Adair and Nichole Clark are recruiting volunteers for this special event. Sign-up sheets will be in the office or you can email them at email@example.com.